Call of Duty... the film?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Activision Blizzard Studios, a film division of the popular gaming company Activision Blizzard, is ramping up developing on its adaptation of its video game “Call of Duty” and looks to have a director in its sights.

Sources tell Variety that “Sicario 2: Soldado” helmer Stefano Sollima is in negotiations to direct an adaptation of the popular video game.

A rep for Activision Blizzard declined to comment.

Activision Blizzard Studios’ presidents Stacey Sher and Nick van Dyk are producing along with Activision Blizzard chief executive Bobby Kotick. Kieran Fitzgerald penned the script and will develop with Sollima. Coco Francini is also producing.

The film is currently without a distributor.

Plot details are under wraps, but when Sher traded in her veteran producing job for the new gig, she and van Dyk talked about the idea of turning this mega gaming franchise into a cinematic universe that could rival Marvel or DC.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/s...-pic-activision-studios-exclusive-1202697515/

Intriguing! :user:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I predict it will be terrible.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
You are probably right.

she and van Dyk talked about the idea of turning this mega gaming franchise into a cinematic universe that could rival Marvel or DC.

This sounds a little ambitious and unrealistic!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lol! I didn't see that bit. Yeah, no. Not going to happen.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
There was a Doom movie once. Once.

Oh yeah! I'd forgotten about that. Just looked it up and I see it scored 19% on Rotten Tomatoes... Nuff said :lol:

It's such a shame that film versions of computer games never seem to do well. The only half decent film I can think of is Tomb Raider, and even that wasn't fantastic. I wonder why this is... When I get really into a game it almost becomes like a real place in my mind (this sounded far better in my head) so games can be disappointing by comparison. But that being said, films based on games never seem to be very good in their own right. The recent(ish) Assassins Creed film is a good example of this.

Ask a Question