Belkin router red light

Reaction score
i had a zyxel router and it when i had it ..it dropped connection all the time this annoyed me massivley so because of this i bought a new one a Belkin router which i have had for a few month. Its been fine, about 4 weeks of uninterupted connection i got a red light on the internet lED so i rebooted the router then it went, another few weeks went by and i got the same thing again, so i rebooted it and then on thursday it did it again so again lol i rebooted it. Then on saturday it was really weird i didnt get the red light but it wasnt working right. But earlier today i got the red light !! then without rebooting it it went back to green light..now im mad because this is what happened with my old router Please what can i do coz im scared and annoyed now !

Reaction score
Jack 193 said:
i had a zyxel router and it when i had it ..it dropped connection all the time this annoyed me massivley so because of this i bought a new one a Belkin router which i have had for a few month. Its been fine, about 4 weeks of uninterupted connection i got a red light on the internet lED so i rebooted the router then it went, another few weeks went by and i got the same thing again, so i rebooted it and then on thursday it did it again so again lol i rebooted it. Then on saturday it was really weird i didnt get the red light but it wasnt working right. But earlier today i got the red light !! then without rebooting it it went back to green light..now im mad because this is what happened with my old router Please what can i do coz im scared and annoyed now !

Could be another faulty router, are all your phone points connected to a filter? It could be noise on your line as well that can cause this problem. I would phone up your ISP and ask them to run tests on your phone line to make sure everything is ok. Also look on Belkin's website and see if there are any software updates for your router.

Reaction score
i was running scans at the time would that be maybe why it went red...Or the other thing was i got a message it popped up saying that devicces may not work because of memory something or other ?

Reaction score
Jack 193 said:
i was running scans at the time would that be maybe why it went red...Or the other thing was i got a message it popped up saying that devicces may not work because of memory something or other ?

Could be what AV are you using? does it happen a certain point through the scan? Not sure what the error is that you are talking about, best thing to do is look through event viewer and see if you can find the error that came up and then post it on here.

Reaction score
im using avg ..and i dont know what point. On friday i think it was like a warning message kind of not a virus or infection just a memory thing

Reaction score
Jack 193 said:
im using avg ..and i dont know what point. On friday i think it was like a warning message kind of not a virus or infection just a memory thing

I would test the ram with this tool http://hcidesign.com/memtest/ let it run for about 2hours or so. I would still get your ISP to run checks on your line though, it might also be worth contacting Belkin Tech Support and see if they are able to advise you if its a faulty router or something else.

Ask a Question