Belkin Router Problem

Reaction score
I have a Belkin F5D7632-4 wireless router. My ISP is TalkTalk (I wish it wasn't).

When I try and connect to the internet using the router it will not always connect. When I do connect the connection drops after about 1 minute. When I try with a Speedtouch 330 ADSL modem it works fine.

I have tried to work out the problem with help from TalkTalk but their "Technical Experts" don't seem to know much. I searched around on the internet and found that a telecoms expert who used TalkTalk also got this problem and he said that it was because of DOS attacks. I can't understand how the DOS attacks would affect my router and not my modem so I am unsure if this is what is causing the problem.

You guys any idea what could be going on?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have a log in the router config? (when you log in to 192.168.1.1 or whatever it is for your router)

If you have that it may be possible to diagnose it :)

Reaction score
It seemed that the firewall in the router was restarting a lot from what I could gather. It also said this:

No IP for NAT - connections may fail [repeated 4 times, last time on May 8 16:39:21 2007]

If you want me to copy and paste the log I will.

Ask a Question