Computer Crashing

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I’ve got a strange crashing problem that’s been going on for a few weeks so thought I’d try the great minds of PC Review.

My PC has been having issues where it will just restart itself, it happens several times a day. I thought it was a gaming issue but it happens just browsing the internet or writing emails.

I’ve completely reinstalled windows twice, I’ve taken all components (apart from cpu) out and made sure they are seated correctly.

Nothing has fixed it.

I changed the setting in windows to not automatically restart if there’s an issue and I was just using it there and both screens went kind of pixelated. Hard to describe but everything stopped working and both screens were kind of readable (I could see most of what was on them) but there were lots of small boxes in a kind of pattern all over them.

I had to hard reset with the power button.

Any thoughts before I burn it?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did anything appear in the Windows event logs at the time of the crash? I guess there's a chance it's some really odd driver error.

Sounds like it might be a hardware fault tbh :(. The only way to fix it may be to test replacing hardware on a per-item basis.

Reaction score
The event logs are pretty useless.

I’ve been googling and I think it could be graphics card related. I might swap GPU over from my sons machine and see if that fixes the issue / causes the same issue on the other machine.

Intermittent issues are such a pain!

Reaction score
No crashes for a week now, so you're right, it does look solved.

Weirdly, my son is getting no crashes on his machine either!!

Anyway, fingers crossed it's sorted now. Nothing worse than a crashing PC! :)

Ask a Question