PC often crashes, at the beginning or after pixels appear

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have this serious issue with my PC.
Sometimes the PC crashes at the very beginning when MSI loading screen appears. And sometimes it randomly crashes after some time while casually using the computer such as browsing the web etc. In the second case usually numerous pixels appear on the screen, it freezes and crashes.
I think that the issue is the Display adapter, because when I go to the Device Manager and choose Display adapters there is an exclamation mark on my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, and when I choose properties on it, there is a message saying "Device status: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). How can I fix this issue?
Here are my PC specs:
  • Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor GHz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS
  • ACPI x64-based PC
  • MSI MS-7B78
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Thank you.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Uninstall your Graphic drivers using DDR ...

Get the latest drivers from nVidia ...

See this video for an explanation ...

If above does not work, replace video card. :(

Reaction score
Uninstall your Graphic drivers using DDR ...

Get the latest drivers from nVidia ...

See this video for an explanation ...

If above does not work, replace video card. :(
Thank you for the reply and information. I have replaced with the latest Nvidia drivers and the code 43 and pixels issue are no more being appeared at the moment. However, the PC still crashes or restarts by itself on random intervals.

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply and information. I have replaced with the latest Nvidia drivers and the code 43 and pixels issue are no more being appeared at the moment. However, the PC still crashes or restarts by itself on random intervals.
If you can borrow another graphics card from someone try replacing it to see if it solves the problem. Sounds like the card might have issues.

Ask a Question