Asus VC239 Monitor Pixelated Image

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just bought an Asus VC239 monitor to use on a 2nd PC - it was very reasonably priced and looked like a good budget option. However, after using the display for a short time, I was surprised to see that both text and images could look overly pixelated. I had a trawl through the monitor options and it looks like the "VividPixel" mode is enabled by default and it really changes how you'd expect the display to look (it's an edge sharpening mode). Now that it's disabled, things look fine :).

I thought this was worth posting in case anyone else with an Asus monitor has the same problem!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Its funny isn't it, monitors and TV's all have these settings/modes that are supposed to improve the image, They're all crap.

My TV (Sony W829) has all sorts of 'enhancement this' and 'motion that' options. They all get turned off.

If you look up the calibration settings that places like AVF post they all say turn them all off. I don't know why manufactures bother!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, same here - the image quality was noticeably worse than it should be and I imagine that a lot of users will stick with the defaults without realising :(.

Ask a Question