Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a SECOND HAND monitor:
- 22" or 24"
- HDMI
- 1600x900 or more
- 16:9
- webcam and speakers
I will use it mainly for emails, documents and internet browsing.

I DO NOT want the latest model but, rather, something that has proven its worth over the past 2 or 3 years.

If it were a router it would be the Linksys E32000, EA4500 or D-Link DIR827 or Asus RT-N56U. Nothing too new, like the 802.11ac latest models.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Tommaso

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hi ascanio1 and welcome to the forum :)

Good luck with your search, wanting a built in webcam will narrow your options I think and possibly loudspeakers to a certain extent.

Have you tried the usual suspects - Ebay and Gumtree? (Assuming you're UK with Gumtree)

Reaction score
Hi Floppybootstomp (what a weird name! :) )
Thanks for your reply! Appreciated.

Yes I tried there and found mainly Asus. The problem is not finding a monitor with thse qualities.

The problem is that, first and foremost, I want to buy a very good monitor with a solid reputationfor for excellent quality. That's will weigh for 75% of my decision: easy to read fonts and characters, good contrast, nice details, good, balanced and neutral colours.

If there are no monitors with a solid reputation for good quality AND with a webcam... well then I'll do without the cam and I'll add it on.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I agree Asus makes good monitors. Also put on your list Samsung monitors, they have a great reputation and they are good quality as well.

You are better off with a monitor without the webcam and speakers, that way you have far better choice. Flat panel monitors these days have speakers built in which are very unpractical and would never sound good due to lack of space to support good sounding speakers. You can look at Logitech brand for both a webcam and speakers. I found this brand great for computer accessories.

Good Luck in your search, if I were you I would buy brand new instead of used. Anyway decision is yours and yours entirely.

Reaction score
Hi Quadophile,
Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated!

Any advice as far as specific models are concerned? With or without webcam/speakers?

Tommaso

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Hi Quadophile,
Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated!

Any advice as far as specific models are concerned? With or without webcam/speakers?

Tommaso

We'll everything boils down to budget at the end of the day. How much are you planning to spend?

Reaction score
Yes, I checked this one out but I was hoping to get a bettter quality one, like a top of the line HP, Eizo, SyncMaster from a few years ago, at the same price. Any advice?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Few years old? The monitor would go out of spec from what the manufacturer intended so why would you want to buy one like that? Monitors have a lifespan and aging of electronics is inevitable. I would not recommend that.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. But I still want a better monitor for the same price. I had good experiences in the past. I do this all the time with electronics. Best WiFi router for small price...

Ask a Question