Can you hook up a Virgin Media+ box to a PC monitor?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Is it possible to hook up a Virgin Media+ box to a PC monitor and also have the monitor plugged into the PC? I was thinking of hooking the Virgin Media+ box via hdmi and using dvi to the graphics card so I wouldn't have to keep connecting and disconnecting cables. Obviously I wouldn't be watching TV and using the PC at the same time, it would be one or the other. It sounds do-able, does anyone have any 1st hand experience of this or something similar.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
My HannSpree monitors have the ability to switch from input to input (DVI, VGA, HDMI). It is just a manual switch for the input I choose. I do not know many monitors that don't allow a switch from each input unless they are really cheap.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
As SHS said, its certainly doable, but depends on your setup. Worst case you could get some kind of HDMI Switcher box?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Eyeing up an Asus monitor, read some reviews and there meant to be great value for money.

Ask a Question