Belkin Router and Vista

Reaction score
Hi
I have just bought a Belkin G + MIMO Router (model: F5D9630uk4A) with adsl modem. Every morning when I start the computer, vista refuses to connect to the router's wireless network. Our PC layout is 1 Vista PC, 1 desktop and 1 laptop both on XP. If I restart the router, vista will happily connect for the whole day. This does not affect the XP pcs as these connect straightaway. When I connect on vista, I get prblems such as limited or no connectivity, incorrect network key (when it is correct) or windows could not connect to this network. When I restart the router, its perfectly alright. I have tried 2 different adaptors (both 54g). I also have a MIMO adaptor which came with the router. I am getting really annoyed with this, as this is a brand new router only 3 or 4 days old I expected it to be fine after we replaced our old D-Link G604T.

edit : Also, whenever I connect to the wireless on it I only seem to get a speed of 54mbps. I thought that G+ was supposed to be 108Mbps.
The router is set to 802.11G.

wallbash.gif

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?
Thanks
Luke Stratton

Ask a Question