Who wants a copy of the PL2004 CD?

Steven Burn

Susan Bugher said:
I didn't send a CD to you. . . yet. . .

I need an address (picky detail department) ;)
</snip>

hehe, would probably be a good idea ;o)

The file is 524 MB. Can you squeeze that much on to your site?
<snip>

No problem at all......

I've actually just had a word with Inspiratech (the people that I rent the
servers from) and asked them to setup a special sub-domain for it (going to
be http://pliso.it-mate.co.uk ), If I can find your e-mail address, I'll
e-mail the details once it's setup ;o)

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Susan Bugher

New requests - please include:
your country
an email address: MyName AT Somewhere DOT net (or similar)

Summary of requests to date

NOTE: People who volunteered as burners are *not* listed here.

------------------
2004-04-02 (day 1)
-----------------

From: "TINY" <[email protected]>
I'm in U.S.A. New Jersey
TOTINY07753@+HOTMAIL.COM

From: (e-mail address removed)
Allen Tomlinson
(e-mail address removed)
remove (now) from above

From: (e-mail address removed) (Slim97477)

From: "dansheen" <[email protected]>
Oregon US

From: Steve H <[email protected]>
Email: anyoldname(*AT*)gmx(*dot*)co(*dot*)uk
in the UK.

From: "Thip" <[email protected]>
USA - ksbwhite (AT) hotmail (DOT) com

Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 21:42:19 GMT
From: Cathe B <[email protected]>

=========

------------------
2004-04-03 (day 2)
------------------

From: "Bobby" <[email protected]>
Georgia USA
bobby02003 at earthlink.net

From: "dansheen" <[email protected]>
Oregon US
(e-mail address removed)

JnJ <[email protected]>
UK.
address jim at jimmaestro dot com

Fess <[email protected]>
UK.
address: tizme at blueyonder dot co dot uk

tfog <[email protected]>
Email: tfogATgawabDOTcom
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

(e-mail address removed)
lpatter at bigfoot dot com
Virginia/USA

(e-mail address removed)
US Indiana
newfie AT MyRealBox DOT com

(e-mail address removed)
I'm in Scotland.
(e-mail address removed)
and remove the "no-spam" to use.

(e-mail address removed)
Gale in Oregon
gale100 at earthlink.net

(e-mail address removed)
Gina Ohio

============

dszady

]
Using 7zip ultra-compression it could go down to 499.4 G
Maybe.
I am compressing a 652G Linux iso to 0.95%.
I going to see if it explodes before it is done.

Zenobia

Could we have a show of hands please?

The volunteer burners should have their copies some time next week.

Let's start them out with a back-log of orders. ;)

Susan

Yes, please. I'm in the UK and can be contacted via my email address.

But why can't you just post it to one of the binary groups?

dszady

<snip>

No problem at all......

I've actually just had a word with Inspiratech (the people that I rent the
servers from) and asked them to setup a special sub-domain for it (going to
be http://pliso.it-mate.co.uk ), If I can find your e-mail address, I'll
e-mail the details once it's setup ;o)

I guess I can stop compressing now. :)

Steven Burn

dszady said:
I guess I can stop compressing now. :)

The more compressed the better IMHO......... ;o)

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Zenobia

Repeat after me:

Susan does not have a high-speed connection.
Susan does not have a high-speed connection.
Susan does not have a high-speed connection.
Susan does not have a high-speed connection.
Susan does not have a high-speed connection.
Susan does not have a high-speed connection.
Susan does not have a high-speed connection.
Susan does not have a high-speed connection.
Susan does not have a high-speed connection.
Susan does not have a high-speed connection.
Susan does not have a high-speed connection.
Susan does not have a high-speed connection.

;)

Susan

Snail mail me a copy and I will post to one of the binary groups.

Steven Burn

Zenobia said:
But why can't you just post it to one of the binary groups?

Not everyone has access to these.......

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Susan Bugher

Mark said:
My Name wrote to alt.comp.freeware on 04 Apr 2004 00:00:55 GMT, the
following ...

Susan,

I would guess that ANY of the 3 people who downloaded files for the cd
probably have high speed internet access and would probably post it to
alt.binaries.freeware AND you have their return address on the mailer
that the CD came to you in.

I'm *hoping* you will get your copy tomorrow. It went in the mail Thursday.

If you're game to upload the file to alt.binaries.freeware have at it. :)

Susan

Susan Bugher

PuppyKatt said:
: Unless, mayhaps we need a bi-directional hi-speed volunteer
: to, volunteer to: recieve the CD from you, or someone else, and
: up it to usenet.

That sounds quite risque to me - I must have a dirty mind. ;)

Susan

Steven Burn

Susan Bugher said:
Some song titles:

Mighty Manly Hunting Men
Da Thirty Point Buck
Grandpa got run over by a beer truck
Rusty Chevrolet

With song titles like that......... I gots to get me some of this <gg>

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Susan Bugher

Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

Transplanted WHATter? (I take it that's American, not English) :cool:

Please translate for the benefit of a hignorant hantipodean?

Oops - I spelled it wrong.

Yooper = Upper Peninsula (the Upper Peninsula of Michigan).

There's a musical group called Da Yoopers - if you want to learn about
the "culture". ;)

Some song titles:

Mighty Manly Hunting Men
Da Thirty Point Buck
Grandpa got run over by a beer truck
Rusty Chevrolet

Susan

Semolina Pilchard

??????????

AFAIR, I haven't seen a real addy for you.

It's the one in the message header: ushat AT myactiveware.com.

Geographically, we couldn't be further apart and still be in Scotland.
You don't go much further north than I am without getting your feet
wet. Which means, of course, that we're ideally placed to carve
Scotland up between us. Such a pity that the population is all down
at your end ;-)

Susan Bugher

Steven said:
</snip>

hehe, would probably be a good idea ;o)

<snip>

No problem at all......

I've actually just had a word with Inspiratech (the people that I rent the
servers from) and asked them to setup a special sub-domain for it (going to
be http://pliso.it-mate.co.uk ), If I can find your e-mail address, I'll
e-mail the details once it's setup ;o)

Now it's *my* oops - remove whoi to email me - or use the Pricelessware
links button: links AT pricelessware DOT org

Susan

Steven Burn

Susan Bugher said:
Now it's *my* oops - remove whoi to email me - or use the Pricelessware
links button: links AT pricelessware DOT org

hehe, noted ;o)

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Susan Bugher

Snail mail me a copy and I will post to one of the binary groups.

Several people with high speed access should have copies in a day or
two. It looks like one of them will upload it. Thanks for volunteering. :)

Susan

Ben Cooper

Zenobia said:
But why can't you just post it to one of the binary
groups?

Well, to be honest this project *is* named the
"Pricelessware 2004 CD". I mean, if you're going to download
an ISO why not just go through the Pricelessware site and
download the programs yourself? What's the difference?
My whole interest in this project is to get the software
into the hands of people who don't have access to high
bandwidth connections or would have high costs associated
with connection time.

My Name

Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

Oops - I spelled it wrong.

Yooper = Upper Peninsula (the Upper Peninsula of Michigan).

Forgot to mention that everyone below the bridge is a "troll" to
a yooper. :)

My Name

Well, to be honest this project *is* named the
"Pricelessware 2004 CD". I mean, if you're going to download
an ISO why not just go through the Pricelessware site and
download the programs yourself? What's the difference?
My whole interest in this project is to get the software
into the hands of people who don't have access to high
bandwidth connections or would have high costs associated
with connection time.

I've D/Led ISOs on dial-up before.