[PL] PL2006 CD

Susan Bugher

If all goes well we may be able to create the PL2006CD before Christmas.
:) :) :) ISTM they'd make nice stocking stuffers. . .

Steven Burn has volunteered to create the PL2006CD and the ISO file and
I'll create the web pages etc.

I've uploaded a preliminary CD web page:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/2006PL-CD-about.php

To date the following people have volunteered as burners (their names
are shown on the web page:

Australia: Adrian Carter
New Zealand and the South Pacific: Nicolaas Hawkins
USA: Omar Oszust
USA: REMbranded
USA and worldwide: Mark Warner

Any more volunteer burners?

Any volunteer to create a web torrent?

Any more volunteers to host the ISO? (Currently there are 5 sites.)

The plan for distribution:

1. Host sites will download first, followed by the volunteer burners who
have high speed access. CDs will be mailed ASAP to volunteer burners. If
someone volunteers to create a bit torrent they will also be given
priority access to the download.

2. When the sites hosting the ISO have uploaded the file ACF
participants will have first crack at the download.

3. The web page has email links for people who wish to request a copy of
the CD. ACF participants will also have priority for copies of the CD.
ATM the links are not "live" - when the volunteer burners have their
copies of the CD I'll create email forwarders that will send the
requests to the volunteer burners.

Comments? Questions? Volunteers?

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Nicolaas Hawkins

[...]

It would be best if my copy of the master disk could be sent to me by
snailmail - the person who may (or may not!) download the ISO for me has
priorities that frequently do not coincide with mine.

Susan Bugher

Nicolaas said:
(e-mail address removed)>:

It would be best if my copy of the master disk could be sent to me by
snailmail - the person who may (or may not!) download the ISO for me has
priorities that frequently do not coincide with mine.

I figured that - your name is already on the list. :)

I don't know if you've looked at the web page yet, I hope you approve.
IMO the PWH email links are a big improvement => the page looks much
cleaner. Your email link will be:

mailto:p[email protected]

When I set up the email forwarders a copy of each email request will go
to you and another copy to me. That keeps your address hidden and it
will let me track the TOTAL number of requests for CDs, something we
haven't been able to do before.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

CARP said:
I'll burn...

Thanks. What geographic area do you want to mail to? I'll need your
email address when I set up the email forwarders - you can send that to:
mailto:[email protected]
I'll set up a torrent...

Yea! :) Your web site or ours (PWH site)? :) I know nothing about bit
torrents so please think about what I should show on the web page -
info, link etc. etc.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Vegard Krog Petersen

If all goes well we may be able to create the PL2006CD before Christmas.
I've uploaded a preliminary CD web page:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/2006PL-CD-about.php

To date the following people have volunteered as burners (their names
are shown on the web page:

Any more volunteer burners?

I'll take Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden, Denmark)
Any more volunteers to host the ISO? (Currently there are 5 sites.)

Sorry, no. No space for that.

regards from vegard

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

http://vegard2.no -
Solitaire MahJongg guide, Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire,
Freeware Logo & symbol, Halma & Chinese Checkers,
Pachisi & Ludo, Freeware Solitaire, My fishy site (fishing
games), a.c.f.g information, Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb
18+ sites: Firefoxy, Adult Solitaire, Fishy Pictures,
Sexy Chess, Sexy Librarians, Sexy Football

wolfgang schneider

[...]

europe is missing ! i could burn and deliver here if needed . i'll have
a look at the website .

Nicolaas Hawkins

Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

I figured that - your name is already on the list. :)

Yeah ... funny, that! :)
I don't know if you've looked at the web page yet, I hope you approve.
IMO the PWH email links are a big improvement => the page looks much
cleaner. Your email link will be:

mailto:p[email protected]

When I set up the email forwarders a copy of each email request will go
to you and another copy to me. That keeps your address hidden and it
will let me track the TOTAL number of requests for CDs, something we
haven't been able to do before.
Presumably, then, what is forwarded to me will have a fixed "from" line -
you had better tell me (via E-Mail!) what it will be so I can authorise it
- there is a pretty stroppy whitelist-based spam-blocker on the TopNet
E-Mail server.

Nicolaas.

.... Everyone seems normal - until you get to know them.

Susan Bugher

Presumably, then, what is forwarded to me will have a fixed "from" line -
you had better tell me (via E-Mail!) what it will be so I can authorise it
- there is a pretty stroppy whitelist-based spam-blocker on the TopNet
E-Mail server.

Nope - forwarded emails show the original "sent from" address. OTOH -
the "sent to" address will always be
"(e-mail address removed)" (makes it easy to
filter those emails into a separate folder). I can set up your forwarder
if you like and send a test email - erm. . . that probably won't work
since last time I tried I wasn't able to email you directly. I could set
up the forwarder and you could ask for emails from newsgroup
participants, especially those in your area (the area CD requests will
be coming from). Let me know if you want to give that a try.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

wolfgang said:
europe is missing ! i could burn and deliver here if needed . i'll have
a look at the website .

Hi Wolfgang,

If you decide to volunteer please send the email address you want to use
(to receive forwarded requests) to mailto:[email protected] or
post a munged version of it here.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Nicolaas Hawkins

Nope - forwarded emails show the original "sent from" address. OTOH -
the "sent to" address will always be
"(e-mail address removed)" (makes it easy to
filter those emails into a separate folder). I can set up your forwarder
if you like and send a test email - erm. . . that probably won't work
since last time I tried I wasn't able to email you directly. I could set
up the forwarder and you could ask for emails from newsgroup
participants, especially those in your area (the area CD requests will
be coming from). Let me know if you want to give that a try.

Susan

Nope. Best idea would be to send to me at

raptor740
[at]
gmail
[dot]
com

instead of my TopNet address.

Nicolaas.

.... Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter, and
those who matter don't mind.

wolfgang schneider

wolfgang said:
Hi Wolfgang,

If you decide to volunteer please send the email address you want to use
(to receive forwarded requests) to mailto:[email protected] or
post a munged version of it here.

Susan

hi susan ,

i am handicapped for i don't have a internet-cable so i would need to
receive the master-cd by postal mail until this telekom improves the
cabling underground .

i would be fine with a contact-link like w-d-sATweb,de .

harsha godavari

Susan said:
If all goes well we may be able to create the PL2006CD before Christmas.
:) :) :) ISTM they'd make nice stocking stuffers. . .

Any more volunteer burners?

me too :)

Regards
hg.

SYSYPHUS' SISTER

Count me as a volunteer burner in Western US (i'm located in AZ).

Send requests to sysyphusDOTsister at gmailDOTcom.

Sysyphus' Sister

Susan Bugher

wolfgang said:
wolfgang schneider wrote:
hi susan ,

i am handicapped for i don't have a internet-cable so i would need to
receive the master-cd by postal mail until this telekom improves the
cabling underground .

No problem, send your mailing address to (e-mail address removed) and
I'll add you to the list of burners who need a copy of the CD.
i would be fine with a contact-link like w-d-sATweb,de .

I don't understand the above sentence. I need the email address where
you want to receive requests. (Requests will be automatically forwarded
to that email address.)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

wolfgang schneider

I don't understand the above sentence. I need the email address where
you want to receive requests. (Requests will be automatically forwarded
to that email address.)

Susan

this is an e-mail address of me . excuse my poor english btw .