[PL] PL2006 CD - Seeders needed

Susan Bugher

We're ready to begin distributing the PL2006 ISO file. I have a list of
host sites and volunteer burners - they will get early access to the
file. Access will be limited for a while to keep the download speed high.

*FIRST* access goes to anyone who has a high-speed connection and is
willing to seed the bit torrent. Super high-speed is preferred.

Please post if you're ready to start downloading NOW and/or email me via
the Pricelessware links button. mailto:[email protected]

TIA :)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Craig

Susan Bugher wrote:
*FIRST* access goes to anyone who has a high-speed connection and is
willing to seed the bit torrent. Super high-speed is preferred.

Please post if you're ready to start downloading NOW and/or email me via
the Pricelessware links button. mailto:[email protected]

TIA :)

Susan

Hey Susan;

(set-up: broadband dsl, µTorrent v1.3)

I'd be happy to seed during off-business hours (evenings & weekends).
Let me know if this is works for "da plan."

Craig aka 'Sparky'

Susan Bugher

Craig said:
Susan Bugher wrote:
Hey Susan;

(set-up: broadband dsl, µTorrent v1.3)

I'd be happy to seed during off-business hours (evenings & weekends).
Let me know if this is works for "da plan."

Yup. Works fine. All help welcome. Currently the deal is this. . .

I don't want to send the download URL to a lot of people and have the
downloads bog down when everyone tries to get the file at the same time.

I'd like to allocate the available HTTP downloads to people who are
ready to grab the file NOW. IOW - give the URL to someone - wait till
they report a complete download - then give the URL to the next person.

There's one fast dedicated server (500GB) - won't take long for someone
to grab the download with a high speed connection. Are you ready to go?

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Craig

Susan said:
Are you ready to go?

Susan

Thought I was.

Just testeed the set-up, doesn't work. Will email you via
pricelesswarehome when set up.

regards,
Craig

Ryno

Hi Susan,

I'd like to give back a bit since the last two years I got a cd or iso. I
have a 3MB DSL connection and I'm willing to let the torrent run however
long is needed. I still have Utorrent running with testing.txt that I got
the other day.

My only question is how I actually seed. Is there something in Utorrent I
click on or do I just leave it there and running after I get it for other to
get?...................ok, looking at it looks like I click new, then add
file, then check start seeding.

Ryno

Susan Bugher

Susan Bugher

Ryno said:
Hi Susan,

I'd like to give back a bit since the last two years I got a cd or iso. I
have a 3MB DSL connection and I'm willing to let the torrent run however
long is needed. I still have Utorrent running with testing.txt that I got
the other day.
My only question is how I actually seed. Is there something in Utorrent I
click on or do I just leave it there and running after I get it for other to
get?...................ok, looking at it looks like I click new, then add
file, then check start seeding.

You'll need to:

1. download the ISO file via HTTP - I can send you a link for that.
2. move the download -if necessary - to the folder where you save
torrent downloads.
2. add the ISO's torrent file to uTorrent (We have a torrent file
(PL2006_CDISO.iso.torrent) - I can email it to you.)

uTorrent will recognize the PL2006 ISO file you downloaded via HTTP.
Once that happens others will be able to get the file from you.

FWIW - I've already downloaded quite a bit of the ISO via bit torrent
but I'm not going to be much help to others (uploading) - as I'm on
dial-up. . . we need people with ***high-speed*** connections.

email me via the links button mailto:[email protected] and
I'll send you the information you need to get going.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Susan said:
Received - email sent to you with the download link and the torrent file
(attachment).

We're on our way. :) :) :)

Ryno's downloaded the file and is seeding the torrent.

I think it would help a LOT to have more seeders ASAP. IOW - people who
download via HTTP and seed the torrent without downloading from it. Any
volunteers?

If you want to start downloading the PL2006 ISO via bit torrent:

1. download µTorrent (if you haven't already).
http://www.utorrent.com/
µTorrent 1.3 (115 KB)
http://www.utorrent.com/download/1.3/utorrent.exe

2. No installation is needed. Put the file where you want it and start
it running.

3. In the file menu select "add torrent from URL"

4. paste this URL into the URL box:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/ftp/PL2006_CDISO.iso.torrent

5. It may be several minute before uTorrent finds the download - be
patient.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

FTR

Susan said:
Received - email sent to you with the download link and the torrent file
(attachment).

Susan

I'd like to help and have Azurreus but last time I got an error when I
downloaded OpenOffice and I am not a techie. So, if people here on the
list know about Azurreus I'd like to spread the iso.

BTW: is 1967 Kbit/s enough ?

Frank

FTR

Susan said:
[...]

Another simple question: what about security ? I use ZoneAlarm Security
Suite, last version. If I put the file on my PC it's only the file that
can be downloaded again, no other visitors looking arounf, I guess ?

Susan Bugher

I'd like to help and have Azurreus but last time I got an error when I
downloaded OpenOffice and I am not a techie. So, if people here on the
list know about Azurreus I'd like to spread the iso.

BTW: is 1967 Kbit/s enough ?

Yup :) but Azureus does not work with the kind of tracker we're using.

uTorrent is ***tiny*** and ***easy*** to use. KISS. . .

If you're willing to give uTorrent a try email me and I'll send you an
HTTP link so you can download the ISO file.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

FTR said:
Another simple question: what about security ? I use ZoneAlarm Security
Suite, last version. If I put the file on my PC it's only the file that
can be downloaded again, no other visitors looking arounf, I guess ?

There's no looking around - downloaders only have access to the file
that's described in the torrent file.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

FTR

Susan said:
[...]

And then I dont have to start, just let it run ?

FTR

Susan said:
Yup :) but Azureus does not work with the kind of tracker we're using.

uTorrent is ***tiny*** and ***easy*** to use. KISS. . .

If you're willing to give uTorrent a try email me and I'll send you an
HTTP link so you can download the ISO file.

Susan

it is downloading. any way to speed up downloading from 50 KB/s ?

Susan Bugher

FTR said:
it is downloading. any way to speed up downloading from 50 KB/s ?

Yup. Email me for the HTTP download link - download the ISO (takes about
30 minutes with a high speed connection) and start ***seeding*** the
torrent instead of downloading from it. ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

2

2ndopinion

We're on our way. :) :) :)

Ryno's downloaded the file and is seeding the torrent.

I think it would help a LOT to have more seeders ASAP. IOW - people who
download via HTTP and seed the torrent without downloading from it. Any
volunteers?

If you want to start downloading the PL2006 ISO via bit torrent:

1. download µTorrent (if you haven't already).
http://www.utorrent.com/
µTorrent 1.3 (115 KB)
http://www.utorrent.com/download/1.3/utorrent.exe

2. No installation is needed. Put the file where you want it and start
it running.

3. In the file menu select "add torrent from URL"

4. paste this URL into the URL box:
Thanks Susan for a great job...
I'm currently downloading and will seed until the tree grows old...like
me...
I have a 3meg cable connection that I leave on all the time so I hope
this will help in the seeding...
thanks again,
Ron

Susan Bugher