[PL] PL2006 Discussion: SYSTEM UTILITIES

Susan Bugher

October 15 - October 31, 2005 - Program nominations, seconds and program
discussion.

We have entered the program nomination period. *Late* additions to the
nominations list are permitted if the *group* feels a valuable program
has been overlooked.

Please review the programs shown on the Nominations page and the
preliminary PL2006 pages. If you feel there has been a significant
omission (missing subcategory etc.) post your comments for discussion.
If you have a program to suggest post information about it for discussion.

Late program additions need support from the group before being listed
for nomination. If others agree that the a program is their *preferred*
choice for that subcategory submit a program description in this thread:
[PL] PL2006 Program Submittals

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

REM

I saw this in a post that jmatt made. This is a really valuable
program that I've overlooked, so I'd like to throw it out for
consideration as a late entry. Here is the info:

AutoStreamer v1.0.30 (no-install)

AutoStreamer v1.0.30 (installer)
http://www.ubcd4win.com/downloads/AutoStreamer.exe

This program will read your Windows install CD and a service pack on
your hard drive. It will create a new .iso to create a new Windows
Install CD with the service pack incorporated into it. This saves much
time in future reinstalls and provides you with an important backup of
your MS Install CD

For recovery CDs: Follow the directions on the following page to
create a clean Windows Install CD. You will need to backup your
drivers with a program like WinDrivers Backup or download the various
drivers and burn them to a CD. Then use Autopatcher to create an .iso
to create a new install CD with the latest service packs incorporated
within it.

http://www.easydesksoftware.com/recovery.htm#ME

Comments as a late entry?

From "win 2000 on" is a bit foggy. I don't think that it works on Win
ME and before...

The author is "raptor" and I don't have any info for him. Antonis and
Ben were the project managers. I kinda know Ben, so I used him as a
contact.

[PL] PL2006 Program Submittals - AutoStreamer v1.0.30

CATEGORY: SYSTEM UTILITIES
SUBCATEGORY: BOOT DISK CREATOR
AUTHOR'S EMAIL ADDRESS (munged): ben @ ubcd4win . com
01 (PROGRAM NAME) Autostreamer
02 (WARE DESCRIPTION) Freeware
03 (OS-WIN) From Win 2000 on
04 (OS-NOTES)
05 (OS-OTHER)
06 (LANGUAGES) English
07 (DESCRIPTION) AutoStreamer is a easy and quick slipstreamer for
Windows Operating Systems. All that is needed for AutoStreamer to work
is a source (that being an original Windows CD or a local share) and a
Service Pack file. With this you can create new Windows installation
CD's with the proper service already installed.

07a (NOTES) This program will read your Windows install CD and a
service pack on your hard drive. It will create a new .iso to create a
new Windows Install CD with the service pack incorporated into it.
This saves much time in future reinstalls and provides you with an
important backup of your MS Install CD

For recovery CDs: Follow the directions on the following page to
create a clean Windows Install CD. You will need to backup your
drivers with a program like WinDrivers Backup or download the various
drivers and burn them to a CD. Then use Autopatcher to create an .iso
to create a new install CD with the latest service packs incorporated
within it.

http://www.easydesksoftware.com/recovery.htm#ME

08 (COMPANY) none
08a (AUTHOR) Antonis Kaladis & Ben Burrows
09 (LINK 1 DESCRIPTION) Major Geeks info and download (no-install):
10 (LINK 1) http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4444.html 533k
11 (LINK 2 DESCRIPTION) UBCD4Win direct download (installer)
12 (LINK 2) http://www.ubcd4win.com/downloads/AutoStreamer.exe
847k

Bjorn Simonsen

REM wrote in said:
I saw this in a post that jmatt made. This is a really valuable
program that I've overlooked, so I'd like to throw it out for
consideration as a late entry. Here is the info:

AutoStreamer v1.0.30 (no-install)

AutoStreamer v1.0.30 (installer)
http://www.ubcd4win.com/downloads/AutoStreamer.exe

Supported. Used it a while ago, and worked OK for me.
From "win 2000 on" is a bit foggy

Probably means NT family, meaning Win NT, 2000, XP, 2003...
and not Win 9x and ME.

All the best,
Bjorn Simonsen

Susan Bugher

REM said:
01 (PROGRAM NAME) Autostreamer

The app was nominated for PL2005 - IOW there is an existing description.
I see your suggestion already has support. :) Please revise the
description below as needed (keeping the same format) and post it in the
program description thread.

I see the ACF description has old/bad links so I did a bit of scouting
for you:

Antonis Kaladis AutoPatcher page is here:
http://mhtools.knoware.nl/raptor/autopatcher.html

Oddly enough ;) it seem the AutoPatcher home page is here:
http://www.autopatcher.com/

------------

AutoStreamer
Company: AutoStreamer Author: Antonis Kaladis; Ben Burrows
(Donationware) (free)
Windows OS:
Languages: English
Windows setup files. All you need is your Windows CD or a local share, a
Service Pack for that version of Windows, and a CD-Writer to burn the CD
image. AutoStreamer is an application that makes slipstreaming easier,
it is menu driven and includes many features that will help make sure
your CD is created properly.
Home page:
http://www.windowsubcd.com/
Program description; download v 1.00.0029 (2004-08-16) [
AutoStreamer1029.zip (298 KB)]
http://www.windowsubcd.com/downloads.htm

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Steven Burn

Susan Bugher said:
The app was nominated for PL2005 - IOW there is an existing description.
I see your suggestion already has support. :) Please revise the
description below as needed (keeping the same format) and post it in the
program description thread.

AutoStreamer
Company: AutoStreamer Author: Antonis Kaladis; Ben Burrows
(Donationware) (free)
Windows OS:
Languages: English
Windows setup files. All you need is your Windows CD or a local share, a
Service Pack for that version of Windows, and a CD-Writer to burn the CD
image. AutoStreamer is an application that makes slipstreaming easier,
it is menu driven and includes many features that will help make sure
your CD is created properly.
Home page:
http://www.autopatcher.com
Program description; download v 1.0.33 (2004-09-28) [AutoStreamer.exe (844
KB)]
http://mhtools.knoware.nl/raptor/autostreamer/AutoStreamer.exe

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Mike Bourke

BTW, this is supposed to be standard feature of the next Windows OS version,
"Vista" (it's still a stupid name).

Mike Bourke

REM said:
[...]

From "win 2000 on" is a bit foggy. I don't think that it works on Win