[PL] PL2006 CD - Seeders needed

Susan Bugher

someotherdude said:
I would be one of those slowpokes on dial-up...it's gonna take me a few days
at this rate, but I'm willing to wait :)

Hang in there. My download is complete! dunno exactly how many hours it
took (the experimenting I did wiped out that info) - probably 40-50
hours. . .
At the very least I'll leave my torrent client running whenever I'm online
over the next few weeks so others can pull a few bits from me. Anything to
help the cause.

I'm doing the same. Uploading now. . . ever so slowly. . . ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

DevilsPGD said:
In message <[email protected]> Susan Bugher

I can probably leave it running indefinitely on a 100Mb/s link, either
via torrent or HTTP, depending on the monthly bandwidth utilization.

I'm not expecting it will be a problem unless we start approaching the
terabyte/month range.

I doubt that will happen. This year we averaged maybe one request per
day for the PL2005 download link (once the initial high demand was
satisfied). Demand looks like it's going up but it probably won't go
into the stratosphere. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

harsha godavari

Hi Susan:
I have burnt the PL2006CD.ISO successfully and ready to burn
more as required.

Regards
Harsha Godavari

Susan Bugher

SYSYPHUS' SISTER

Hi Susan:
I have burnt the PL2006CD.ISO successfully and ready to burn
more as required.

Regards
Harsha Godavari

Susan:

In case I somehow forgot to notify you that I am also ready to begin
distribution for email requests---I AM READY.

SYSYPHUS' SISTER

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Omar=A9?=

SYSYPHUS' SISTER said:
Susan:

In case I somehow forgot to notify you that I am also ready to begin
distribution for email requests---I AM READY.

SYSYPHUS' SISTER

Same here but after New Years in my case.
Omar

oldfart

Thank you Al. :)

Susan

Hi Susan, I downloaded and am seeding as well but I have one question,
after downloading I burnt the image to CD and ran it , it auto started OK
and after clicking on the program index and the list page shows , if I
click on any of the entrys it will show up as page not found, all the
entrys do the same, am I doing something wrong or is it a problem in the
layout of the CD????
Regards
Owen
oldfart

Al Klein

Anyway you were a big help. My puter was also just crawling, couldn't even
play hearts and since the changes its back to normal.
Thanks again

That's why the site's maintained and that's why I'm on it, Barnie.
Glad you got things speeded up.

Susan Bugher

oldfart said:
Hi Susan, I downloaded and am seeding as well but I have one question,
after downloading I burnt the image to CD and ran it , it auto started OK
and after clicking on the program index and the list page shows , if I
click on any of the entrys it will show up as page not found, all the
entrys do the same, am I doing something wrong or is it a problem in the
layout of the CD????

What OS are you using? What browser? I think I know some of the answers.
.. .

I didn't try the # links - they still don't work with WinXP SP2. I've
got one solution in mind but would like some more input before I
proceed. . .

FWIW (using WinXP and IE 6) this fix works to some extent

Go to the Tools menu/ "Internet Options" / Advanced

Scroll wayyyyyyy down to "Security" put a check mark in the box that
says "Allow active content from CDs to run on My Computer"

The web pages should open. NONE of the # links work - I get a blank page
when I click on them.

arghhhhhhhhhhh. . . snarl, curse, expletive deleted. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

John Fitzsimons

It depends, for the downloader, on how many seeders you can get chunks
from and how many peers you're seeding to.

The problem is however that many people have no idea how to "seed"
with this new torrent client. They just start downloading and assume
uploading is okay.

I found that using a client such as Bit Tornado it is very much easier
to increase the speed/amount of "feed" one gives others.
Share and your speed goes
up. The more you share, the more it goes up.

Assuming one knew how to do that.
Right now someone's
downloading from me at 1.5kB. Either he has a very slow connection or
he's not seeding.

My rate was hopelessly slow with the new client. With Bit Tornado I
could instantly increase my "feed", and download speed, dramatically.
One of the best/easiest programs I have ever used.

Regards, John.
,-._|\ (A.C.F FAQ) http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/faq.html
/ Oz \ John Fitzsimons - Melbourne, Australia.
\_,--.x/ http://www.vicnet.net.au/~johnf/welcome.htm
v http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/

John Fitzsimons

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:21:32 -0700, DevilsPGD

I can probably leave it running indefinitely on a 100Mb/s link, either
via torrent or HTTP, depending on the monthly bandwidth utilization.

< snip >

There are still people who don't know what a torrent download is
and/or don't want to use it. So your HTTP offer will appeal to those
sorts of people. If you do setup HTTP access then don't forget to post
the URL here for people who may want it.

[...]

XP service pack2 and in another post I posted I found that if I right
clicked on the links and chose to open in a new window it works fine no
problem so this might be a clue for the groupe to investigate????
regards
Owen
oldfart

Susan Bugher

XP service pack2 and in another post I posted I found that if I right
clicked on the links and chose to open in a new window it works fine no
problem so this might be a clue for the groupe to investigate????

Thanks Owen. That works here too. Doesn't get us very far forward
though. . .

I'd sure like to hear what happens when someone who *ISN'T* using WinXP
browses the web pages with IE.

Where are all those people? Help!

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

DevilsPGD

In message <[email protected]> John Fitzsimons
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:21:32 -0700, DevilsPGD

< snip >

There are still people who don't know what a torrent download is
and/or don't want to use it. So your HTTP offer will appeal to those
sorts of people. If you do setup HTTP access then don't forget to post
the URL here for people who may want it.

The ISO file, as well as the .torrent are both mirrored at:

http://www.crazyhat.net/Mirrors/torrent/Complete/PL2006_CDISO.iso
http://www.crazyhat.net/Mirrors/torrent/Complete/PL2006_CDISO.iso.torrent

Susan Bugher

Susan said:
I'd sure like to hear what happens when someone who *ISN'T* using WinXP
browses the web pages with IE.

Where are all those people? Help!

I guess I'm talking to myself ATM. . . self, it certainly does look
like it's a new "feature" added with the installation of SP2. . .

<Q>
http://www.tech-forums.net/showthread.php?threadid=26224

My brother downloaded upgrade service pack 2.

HTML extension, it is working to show the template. But .php file
extension, I opened it with Internet Explorer, it SHOWS ALL THE HTML
CODES instead of the template/layout/images! I tried to looking for it
in google but not available yet so I decided to post this forum!

---------

http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/t-63155.html

I downloaded service pack 2 and I am now unable to view files with the
..php extension. Before I downloaded sp2 I would click on the file and it
would open a new ie window and I could read, now even when I choose to
open with ie nothing opens. Please help.
</Q>

------------

The basic workaround is to force those local files into the Internet
zone (with special headers). Then the rules aren't as strict. IOW -
Microsoft has decided the internet is more trustworthy than your own
computer.

I can't think of an appropriate comment that's suitable for delicate ears.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

DevilsPGD

In message <[email protected]> REM
Thanks! I had 43% with Free Download Manager when I lost the source.
It resumed perfectly at your site!!

I swapped the site from IIS to Apache to fix a couple issues (My server
runs both, for different purposes), that's probably what killed it :)