[PL] PL2006 CD

David P. Cox

Thanks Dave. I've got your email address and I've added you to the list
of burners who need a copy of the CD. We're all set for the moment.

Susan

Ok Sue, I'll just sit back and wait for time being.

Dave

DevilsPGD

In message <[email protected]> Susan Bugher
No preference here, if you want me to use a different email send a
message to the links button: (e-mail address removed)

It sounds like we should play it by ear for the moment. I'll contact you
when we're about ready to start the download the ISO / upload it to host
sites dance.

Sure. FWIW, I can probably burn and ship within Canada too, but I'm
much too lazy to ship internationally.

Susan Bugher

wolfgang said:
this i must have missed :cool: . i already fixed the filter and so after
receiving the master-cd it could start .

I found out how to fill in the subject line of the email request and add
text in the body of the email too. So soon old. . . so late smart. . .
;)

Works with Mozilla - check it out - let me know if it works in your
browser too. Please folks, don't SEND those test emails. TIA

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/2006PL-CD-about.php

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

wolfgang schneider

wolfgang said:
I found out how to fill in the subject line of the email request and add
text in the body of the email too. So soon old. . . so late smart. . .
;)

yeah yeah , who you tell ...
Works with Mozilla - check it out - let me know if it works in your
browser too. Please folks, don't SEND those test emails. TIA

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/2006PL-CD-about.php

Susan

looks good with k-meleon , would work fine too and - great job :)

but what about the " i live in " , for it's not appearing in the buddy
of the mail :-( .

Susan Bugher

wolfgang said:
yeah yeah , who you tell ...
looks good with k-meleon , would work fine too and - great job :)

but what about the " i live in " , for it's not appearing in the buddy
of the mail :-( .

What do you use for email? I tried IE (which fired up Outlook Express)
and "I live in" appeared in the body of that message. . . Evidently
some apps support "body" in the URL, some don't. . .

Anyone else care to report the results with their browser/email apps?

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

wolfgang schneider

What do you use for email? I tried IE (which fired up Outlook Express)
and "I live in" appeared in the body of that message. . . Evidently
some apps support "body" in the URL, some don't. . .

Anyone else care to report the results with their browser/email apps?

Susan

it's "thebat" and i tried this link in some varieties but it didn't
change for working . nethertheless it will be clear when receiving the
mail address .

Susan Bugher

I'd like to finalize the list of included apps ASAP (getting close to
finishing the other things that need to be done).

There are some programs that it MAY be okay to include on the PL2006 CD
- but so far I lack the necessary information. The programs below are
*currently* NOT on the list of apps to be included on the PL2006 CD. If
you use any of those programs please check the EULA and post the
information it contains about file distribution. TIA :)

Susan

------------

1by1
40tude Dialog
4DOS
Agent Ransack
All-Purpose Spell Checker (APSC)
Any Password
AR RAM Disk
AutoStreamer
Clipomatic
DAEMON Tools
DeepBurner Free
Dexpot
Easy Gallery Generator (EGG)
Exifer
GSpot
IconShop
JR Screen Ruler
JR Split File
LeechFTP
MozBackup
MultiRes
OE Reader (was MiTeC DBX Viewer)
OffByOne
Opera
PC Inspector File Recovery
Pegasus Mail
PowerDesk
PowerPro
Programmer's File Editor (PFE)
Push That Freakin' Button (PTFB)
Quintessential Player (QCD)
Resource Hacker
Script Defender
Skype
SmartFTP
SpywareBlaster
Start-Up Monitor (Startup Monitor)
Startup Control Panel
Transparent
Unlocker
VanBasco's Karaoke Player
WinAmp Classic
Wink
WorldTime
X-Fonter
X-Setup Pro (was Xteq X-Setup)
ZipGenius
µTorrent

---------

Vegard Krog Petersen

I'd like to finalize the list of included apps ASAP (getting close to
finishing the other things that need to be done).

There are some programs that it MAY be okay to include on the PL2006 CD
- but so far I lack the necessary information. The programs below are
*currently* NOT on the list of apps to be included on the PL2006 CD. If
you use any of those programs please check the EULA and post the
information it contains about file distribution. TIA :)

Susan

------------

From readme.txt
License
This software is released as FREEWARE, but it may not be sold or be
included in a product or package which intends to receive benefits
through the inclusion of this software. This software may be be
distributed freely over the internet as long as the files remain
unmodified. This software may not be included on CD-ROMs without
prior permission from the author.

Abandoned product. But still the best :). Author: Jan Debis. Develops a
shareware version called BitBeamer now (hhmm - it's website dead).

MozBackup

Nothing in the readme.txt or on the website.

regards from

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

http://vegard2.no -
Solitaire MahJongg guide, Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire,
Freeware Logo & symbol, Halma & Chinese Checkers,
Pachisi & Ludo, Freeware Solitaire, My fishy site (fishing
games), a.c.f.g information, Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb
18+ sites: Firefoxy, Adult Solitaire, Fishy Pictures,
Sexy Chess, Sexy Librarians, Sexy Football

Chris L

I'd like to finalize the list of included apps ASAP (getting close to
finishing the other things that need to be done).

There are some programs that it MAY be okay to include on the PL2006 CD
- but so far I lack the necessary information. The programs below are
*currently* NOT on the list of apps to be included on the PL2006 CD. If
you use any of those programs please check the EULA and post the
information it contains about file distribution. TIA :)

40tude Dialog

LICENSE FOR PRIVATE USERS, NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL
INSTITUTIONS
You are hereby licensed to: use this software;
make as many copies of this version of this
software and documentation as you wish; give complete
and exact copies of this version of the software and
documentation in its unmodified form via
electronic means. There is no charge for any of the
above. Copies of this version of 40tude Dialog may be
distributed without charge or further permission from
the author provided that exact copies of this
version are distributed. This software is provided as
freeware and cannot be sold. This software can not
be bundled with any commercial package or distributed
by itself without express written permission from the
author. You may not disassemble, decompose, reverse
engineer or alter any of the files in the package.

The Seabat

GSpot

<quote>
License Information for GSpot Codec Information Appliance
Copyright 2003 Steven Greenberg All Rights Reserved.

1. LICENSE GRANT. Steven Greenberg ("the AUTHOR") grants you a
non-exclusive and non-transferable license to reproduce and use the
SOFTWARE for personal or internal business purposes. “The SOFTWARE”
refers to the GSpot executable file itself as well as all related
data, text and other files contained in the GSpot distribution
package. This license does not entitle you to receive from AUTHOR
hard-copy documentation, technical support, telephone assistance, or
enhancements or updates to the SOFTWARE.

2. OWNERSHIP. The SOFTWARE is owned and copyrighted by the AUTHOR.
Your license confers no title or ownership in the SOFTWARE and should
not be construed as a sale of any right in the SOFTWARE.

3. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by United States copyright
law and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title
to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you.
You agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE you create will contain the
same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.

4. DISTRIBUTION.

a) You may distribute an unlimited number of exact, unmodified,
individual copies of the SOFTWARE to anyone you wish, in accordance
with this agreement, by making such copies available for download
(e.g., via the Internet, on-line services, bulletin boards, etc.).

b) Distribution (other than single copy) via removable storage or
other physical media (e.g., floppy disks, CD-ROMs, etc.) requires the
express permission of the AUTHOR. This includes, but is not limited
to, shareware and freeware collection disks, disks distributed with
published magazines, etc.

c) Regardless of the method of distribution, you are specifically
prohibited from charging or requesting donations for any such copies,
and from distributing the SOFTWARE bundled with other hardware or
software products, commercial or otherwise, without first obtaining
written permission from the AUTHOR.

</quote>

bambam

I'd like to finalize the list of included apps ASAP (getting close to
finishing the other things that need to be done).

There are some programs that it MAY be okay to include on the PL2006 CD
- but so far I lack the necessary information. The programs below are
*currently* NOT on the list of apps to be included on the PL2006 CD. If
you use any of those programs please check the EULA and post the
information it contains about file distribution. TIA :)

Susan
Any Password

From Licence.txt

<quote>

This SOFTWARE may be distributed as long as it is not sold,
and all original files are included, including this license.

<quote>

wolfgang schneider

I'd like to finalize the list of included apps ASAP (getting close to
finishing the other things that need to be done).
Opera 8.50

You are entitled to use the Software on all personal computers
(laptops/desktops). "Use" means loaded in temporary memory or permanent
storage on the computer.
You may not use the Software on non-PC products, devices, or embedded in
any other product, including, but not limited to, mobile devices,
internet appliances, set top boxes (STB), handhelds, PDAs, phones, web
pads, tablets, game consoles, TVs, gaming machines, home automation
systems, or any other consumer electronics devices or
mobile/cable/satellite/television or closed system based service.
You may not sell, rent, lease or sublicense the Software, without the
explicit
written consent of Opera Software ASA.
SpywareBlaster 3.4

FREEWARE USE:
The SOFTWARE PACKAGE is licensed as freeware to FREEWARE LICENSEES only.
As used herein "FREEWARE LICENSEES" shall be LICENSEES who are
individuals or organizations and using the SOFTWARE PACKAGE for their
own use on individual personal computer workstations. Subject to the
terms and conditions of this Agreement, LICENSOR hereby grants and
FREEWARE LICENSEE hereby accepts a non-exclusive, non-transferable,
annual and renewable right and license to install and use the SOFTWARE
PACKAGE on one workstation. This right and license includes the
opportunity to purchase access to the ?automatic updating? service for
the individual workstation as described in "1. General License Terms and
Conditions", below. All other uses and users not expressly described
above as FREEWARE LICENSEES must contact Javacool Software LLC for
further information and/or express permission. Use of this SOFTWARE
PACKAGE without an appropriate license is prohibited.

bambam

I'd like to finalize the list of included apps ASAP (getting close to
finishing the other things that need to be done).

There are some programs that it MAY be okay to include on the PL2006 CD
- but so far I lack the necessary information. The programs below are
*currently* NOT on the list of apps to be included on the PL2006 CD. If
you use any of those programs please check the EULA and post the
information it contains about file distribution. TIA :)

Susan
PowerDesk

From Licence Agreement in PowerDesk 5.0.1.2

<quote>

OTHER RESTRICTIONS. You shall not: (a) remove any product identification,
copyright notices, or other notices or proprietary restrictions from this
Software; (b) sell, lease, rent, transfer, copy or distribute this Software
to another or use the Software for commercial or financial gain including,
but not limited to, use in performing technical, consulting, or training
services; (c) cause or permit reverse engineering, disassembly,
decompilation or alteration of this Software except and only to the extent
that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding
this limitation.

<quote>

bambam

I'd like to finalize the list of included apps ASAP (getting close to
finishing the other things that need to be done).

There are some programs that it MAY be okay to include on the PL2006 CD
- but so far I lack the necessary information. The programs below are
*currently* NOT on the list of apps to be included on the PL2006 CD. If
you use any of those programs please check the EULA and post the
information it contains about file distribution. TIA :)

Susan

From Licence.txt

<quote>

1by1 is FREEWARE. You can freely use this software and
distribute copies of the ORIGINAL DISTRIBUTION FILE as long
as NO ALTERATIONS are made to its contents and no charge is
raised except a reasonable fee for distributing costs. Any
other way of distribution of this software is prohibited.

<quote>

David P. Cox

I'd like to finalize the list of included apps ASAP (getting close to
finishing the other things that need to be done).

There are some programs that it MAY be okay to include on the PL2006 CD
- but so far I lack the necessary information. The programs below are
*currently* NOT on the list of apps to be included on the PL2006 CD. If
you use any of those programs please check the EULA and post the
information it contains about file distribution. TIA :)

Susan

------------
DeepBurner Free

From the License file:

DeepBurner(tm) License Agreement.

DeepBurner is FREEWARE.

ASTONSOFT DeepBurner VERSION 1.0 END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This DeepBurner End-User License Agreement
("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single
entity) and ASTONSOFT, Inc. for the ASTONSOFT SOFTWARE(s) identified above,
which includes the User's Guide, any associated SOFTWARE components, any
media, any printed materials other than the User's Guide, and any "online"
or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE"). By installing, copying, or
otherwise using the SOFTWARE, you agree to be bound by the terms of this
EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install or use
the SOFTWARE. If the SOFTWARE was mailed to you, return the media envelope,
UNOPENED, along with the rest of the package to the location where you
obtained it within 30 days from purchase.

1. The SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold.

2. GRANT OF LICENSE.

(a) Freeware. You may use the SOFTWARE without charge. ASTONSOFT may
place advertisements in evaluation copies. ASTONSOFT will not monitor the
content of your use (e.g., sites selected or files used).
(b) Redistribution of DeepBurner. You may make copies of the evaluation
SOFTWARE as you wish; give exact copies of the original SOFTWARE to anyone;
and distribute the SOFTWARE in its unmodified form via electronic means
(Internet, BBS's, Shareware distribution libraries, CD-ROMs, etc.). You may
not charge any fee for the copy or use of the evaluation SOFTWARE itself,
but you may charge a distribution fee that is reasonably related to any
cost you incur distributing the evaluation SOFTWARE (e.g. packaging). You
must not represent in any way that you are selling the SOFTWARE itself.
Your distribution of the SOFTWARE will not entitle you to any compensation
from ASTONSOFT. You must distribute a copy of this EULA with any copy of
the SOFTWARE and anyone to whom you distribute the SOFTWARE is subject to
this EULA.

3. RESTRICTIONS. You may not reverse engineer, de-compile, or disassemble
the SOFTWARE, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly
permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation. You may not
rent, lease, or lend the SOFTWARE. You may permanently transfer all of your
rights under this EULA, provided the recipient agrees to the terms of this
EULA. You may not use the SOFTWARE to perform any unauthorized transfer of
information (e.g. transfer of files in violation of a copyright) or for any
illegal purpose.

4. SUPPORT SERVICES. ASTONSOFT may provide you with support services
related to the SOFTWARE. Use of Support Services is governed by the
ASTONSOFT polices and programs described in the user manual, in online
documentation, and/or other ASTONSOFT-provided materials, as they may be
modified from time to time. Any supplemental SOFTWARE code provided to you
as part of the Support Services shall be considered part of the SOFTWARE
and subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA. With respect to
technical information you provide to ASTONSOFT as part of the Support
Services, ASTONSOFT may use such information for its business purposes,
including for product support and development. ASTONSOFT will not utilize
such technical information in a form that personally identifies you.

5. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, ASTONSOFT may
terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of
this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE.

6. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by United States copyright law and
international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the
intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further
acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will
remain the exclusive property of ASTONSOFT and you will not acquire any
rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. You
agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary
notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.

7. NO WARRANTIES. ASTONSOFT expressly disclaims any warranty for the
SOFTWARE. THE SOFTWARE AND ANY RELATED DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS"
WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT
LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE
OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE REMAINS WITH YOU.

8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL ASTONSOFT OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE
LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR INDIRECT
DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE, OR USE OF THE
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ASTONSOFT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
DAMAGES. IN ANY EVENT, ASTONSOFT'S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN
CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE
GREATER OF U.S.$1.00 OR LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU.

9. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS. The SOFTWARE is provided with
RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is
subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of The
Rights in Technical Data and Computer SOFTWARE clause of DFARS 252.227-7013
or subparagraphs (c)(i) and (2) of the Commercial Computer
SOFTWARE-Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable.

David

wolfgang schneider

I'd like to finalize the list of included apps ASAP (getting close to
finishing the other things that need to be done).

There are some programs that it MAY be okay to include on the PL2006 CD
- but so far I lack the necessary information. The programs below are
*currently* NOT on the list of apps to be included on the PL2006 CD. If
you use any of those programs please check the EULA and post the
information it contains about file distribution. TIA :)

Susan

------------

Transparent 4.2

Disclaimer

This program is free. You may distribute it, but you may not charge
money for it. It is incredibly extraordinarily unlikely that this
program will cause an problems on your computer. If you think it did;
it is incredibly extraordinarily likely you are mistaken. Sorry, but
there it is. I can not be held responsible for any damages or losses.
I am happy to provide technical assistance via email. If you have a
problem or question, please be kind enough to read this entire
document before you send me mail. If you have no desktop wallpaper,
and thought by running Transparent you would suddenly be staring into
the guts of your monitor; please don't mail me. I got tired of coming
up with witty responses, so now I just delete them. If you do mail me,
please tell me where you found out about my program.

Susan Bugher

wolfgang said:
Transparent 4.2

<snip>

Thanks to all of you that have posted information so far - it's a big
help. If you have any more info keep it coming. I'll be doing a few more
updates on the web pages before they're finalized.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

wolfgang schneider

I'd like to finalize the list of included apps ASAP (getting close to
finishing the other things that need to be done).

There are some programs that it MAY be okay to include on the PL2006 CD
- but so far I lack the necessary information. The programs below are
*currently* NOT on the list of apps to be included on the PL2006 CD. If
you use any of those programs please check the EULA and post the
information it contains about file distribution. TIA :)

Susan

mike lin has humor and none of a license :

Clipomatic 2.01

startupmonitor

startup control panel

----------

Miscellaneous

Can I see your source code?

Several of my programs have their source code avaliable. However, if you
don't see a link to the source code, then it is not available at this
time. Please consider that preparing source code for public consumption
can be a time consuming and arduous task as all the code needs to be
cleaned up, documented, etc.

Can I see your source code anyway?

No.

I am learning how to program and would be very interested to see how
your programs work. Can I see your source code?

No.

I am a programming teacher and would like to use your program as an
example in my class. Can I see your source code?

No.

Your source code could be a critical tool for saving starving children
in third-world nations. Can I see your source code?

No.

Can I PLEASE see your source code?

No.

Hi, I was wonderi-

No.

But I-

No.

B-

No.

===============================

OffByOne 3.5

Nothing to it, really. The file ob1.exe is the complete Off By One
Browser application (NOT a Setup kit), just run it. Online Help is
available.

( nothing else - nowhere )

=====================

Push That Freakin' Button (PTFB)

GRANT OF LICENCE

This PTFB license agreement grants you a non-exclusive right to load and
use the PTFB (the "Software?).

1. YOU MAY NOT NOR PERMIT OTHERS TO:

· rent, loan, lease, sub-licence or otherwise deal in the Software;
· alter, adapt, merge, modify or translate the Software or the
Manuals in any way for any purpose, including, without limitation, for
error correction;
· reverse-engineer, disassemble or decompile the Software except
that you may decompile the Software only to the extent permissible by
law
· remove, change or obscure any product identification or notices of
proprietary rights and restrictions on or in the Software.

========================

X-Setup Pro 6.6 (was Xteq X-Setup)

SCOPE OF LICENSE

The software is either licensed as "freeware" or "shareware", depending
on the environment it is used in.

The software is "freeware" for: Home users (using the computers for
personal hobby or recreational use); Government controlled education
institutions; Non-profit organizations; charity organizations; Public
libraries. The term "freeware" means, you are allowed to use the
software at no cost. It is not necessary to purchase a license for it.

If your environment does not fit in the noted environments, you are
considered as a commercial institution and the software is licensed to
you as "shareware". The term "shareware" means, you can test the
software for up to 30 days. After those 30 days you either have to
purchase a license for it or stop using the software and remove it from
your storage device(s) immediately. Unregistered use of X-Setup Pro
after the 30-day evaluation period is in violation of international
copyright laws.

Susan Bugher

Susan said:
If all goes well we may be able to create the PL2006CD before Christmas.
:) :) :) ISTM they'd make nice stocking stuffers. . .

Steven Burn has volunteered to create the PL2006CD and the ISO file and
I'll create the web pages etc.

We're into the final wrap-up - doing the program files coordination. . .
there's a zip file here with the web pages etc. etc. - pretty much
everything EXCEPT the program files:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/ftp/2006-CD.zip

That's the umpteen file zip I've uploaded today. Kept finding one more
thing that needed to be fixed. :( My eyes are beginning to cross. . .
I lie, my eyes feel like they may be permanently crossed. . . so. . .
I'd appreciate it if some of you would download the file, unzip it
and see if you can spot any errors/ glitches that still need correction.
Everything *should* work except the links to the program files. . .

TIA. :)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware