[PL] PL2006 CD

David

We're into the final wrap-up - doing the program files coordination. . .
there's a zip file here with the web pages etc. etc. - pretty much
everything EXCEPT the program files:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/ftp/2006-CD.zip

That's the umpteen file zip I've uploaded today. Kept finding one more
thing that needed to be fixed. :( My eyes are beginning to cross. . .
I lie, my eyes feel like they may be permanently crossed. . . so. . .
I'd appreciate it if some of you would download the file, unzip it
and see if you can spot any errors/ glitches that still need correction.
Everything *should* work except the links to the program files. . .

TIA. :)

Susan

Done, no glitches so far. I'll let you know further.
--
David
Remove "farook" to reply

Robert Egea

We're into the final wrap-up - doing the program files coordination. . .
there's a zip file here with the web pages etc. etc. - pretty much
everything EXCEPT the program files:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/ftp/2006-CD.zip

That's the umpteen file zip I've uploaded today. Kept finding one more
thing that needed to be fixed. :( My eyes are beginning to cross. . .
I lie, my eyes feel like they may be permanently crossed. . . so. . .
I'd appreciate it if some of you would download the file, unzip it
and see if you can spot any errors/ glitches that still need correction.
Everything *should* work except the links to the program files. . .

TIA. :)

Susan

The link "Pricelessware 2006" at the top of the
about2006PL.php
page is local and gives an error.

That's all we found!

Susan Bugher

The link "Pricelessware 2006" at the top of the
about2006PL.php
page is local and gives an error.

That's all we found!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I thought I'd managed to get rid of
that particular error - danged thing keeps reappearing. :( FYI - that's
an error that XENU misses. In case anyone is interested:

Was: <A HREF="../../2006/about2006PL.php">
Now: <A HREF="../2006/about2006PL.php">

Another glitch has been fixed - someone spotted an error in the
subcategories on the MULTIMEDIA page (duplication) and emailed the links
button. When I checked I found a second duplication problem (on another
web page).

Please keep those cards and letters coming. :)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Susan said:
We're into the final wrap-up - doing the program files coordination. . .
there's a zip file here with the web pages etc. etc. - pretty much
everything EXCEPT the program files:

I've "hooked up" the burner's email links. If you're a volunteer burner
please visit the web page and send yourself an email to make sure the
link is properly configured. TIA. Note: when you're ready to start
taking requests from ACF participants please post that info in the
newsgroup.

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/2006PL-CD-about.php

The web page also has an email link for making requests for the ISO's
download link. I think it's time to start the list of ACF participants
who want to download the PL2006 CD's ISO. The plan is to split that list
up when the host sites have the ISO uploaded and are ready to go.
There's been a steady trickle of requests (despite the "not available
yet" note). If you've already sent an email request please note that
earlier email requests will be answered ***after*** the ACF requests.
IOW - make another request NOW if you want to be on the ACF list.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Nicolaas Hawkins

I've "hooked up" the burner's email links. If you're a volunteer burner
please visit the web page and send yourself an email to make sure the
link is properly configured. TIA. Note: when you're ready to start
taking requests from ACF participants please post that info in the
newsgroup.

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/2006PL-CD-about.php

Not operational from this location at this time using Firefox in either
native or MSIE emulation modes.

Nicolaas.

.... Far better to regret not having done some things, than to regret some
of the things you have done.

Vegard Krog Petersen

Susan Bugher wrote:
I've "hooked up" the burner's email links. If you're a volunteer burner
please visit the web page and send yourself an email to make sure the
link is properly configured.

Tested. Did work. :)

regards from

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

http://vegard2.no -
Solitaire MahJongg guide, Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire,
Freeware Logo & symbol, Halma & Chinese Checkers,
Pachisi & Ludo, Freeware Solitaire, My fishy site (fishing
games), a.c.f.g information, Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb
18+ sites: Firefoxy, Adult Solitaire, Fishy Pictures,
Sexy Chess, Sexy Librarians, Sexy Football

Susan Bugher

Nicolaas said:
(e-mail address removed)>:

Not operational from this location at this time using Firefox in either
native or MSIE emulation modes.

I thought we were testing to make sure I got the addresses right (I just
sent a test email to you). It gather you're having a different problem.
Do you mean you can't send an email from Firefox by clicking on the link?

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Nicolaas Hawkins

I thought we were testing to make sure I got the addresses right (I just
sent a test email to you). It gather you're having a different problem.

Your test E-Mail message arrived perfectly safe and sound in the right
place. It has been replied to in the same medium.
Do you mean you can't send an email from Firefox by clicking on the link?

That is exactly what I mean. I cannot initiate an E-Mail either to myself
or anybody else using the links on the webpage. (using Firefox). I
haven't tried using native MSIE <hiss, spit> I shouldn't need to, surely?

Nicolaas.

.... If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car
payments.

wolfgang schneider

Susan Bugher wrote:

I've "hooked up" the burner's email links. If you're a volunteer burner
please visit the web page and send yourself an email to make sure the
link is properly configured. TIA. Note: when you're ready to start
taking requests from ACF participants please post that info in the
newsgroup.

the mailto-link works , but what about a cd . i also could get the iso-
file at friends-cable-connection if it's more convenient .

Susan Bugher

Nicolaas said:
Your test E-Mail message arrived perfectly safe and sound in the right
place. It has been replied to in the same medium.

Reply has arrived. :)
That is exactly what I mean. I cannot initiate an E-Mail either to myself
or anybody else using the links on the webpage. (using Firefox). I
haven't tried using native MSIE <hiss, spit> I shouldn't need to, surely?

Do you have an email client "associated" with Firefox? Mozilla email
opens when I'm browing with Mozilla, OE Express when I browse with IE
(IE browsing is for testing purposes only, I hasten to add).

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

the mailto-link works , but what about a cd . i also could get the iso-
file at friends-cable-connection if it's more convenient .

The ISO hasn't been created yet. This is still the "getting ready"
stage. (I'm trying to do as much as possible ahead of time.)

Steven and I are almost through with our cross-checking. When that's
done he'll create the PL2006 CD and the CD's ISO file. People with host
sites will download/upload the ISO file first, then the volunteer
burners that have high-speed connections (or access to one) will be give
a download link. After that other ACF participants will be given access
to the downloads.

Stay tuned for more information. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Robert Egea

Susan Bugher wrote:

I've "hooked up" the burner's email links. If you're a volunteer burner
please visit the web page and send yourself an email to make sure the
link is properly configured. TIA. Note: when you're ready to start
taking requests from ACF participants please post that info in the
newsgroup.
Tested. Working.

Robert Egea

Nicolaas Hawkins

Do you have an email client "associated" with Firefox? Mozilla email
opens when I'm browing with Mozilla, OE Express when I browse with IE
(IE browsing is for testing purposes only, I hasten to add).

My "normal" E-Mail client is 40tude Dialog, and has been for a couple of
years past. Seems to work for everything I've thrown at it so far.

Nicolaas said:
(e-mail address removed)>:

My "normal" E-Mail client is 40tude Dialog, and has been for a couple of
years past. Seems to work for everything I've thrown at it so far.

I dunno Nicolaas. Since Mozilla works okay the only thing that occurs to
me is that Firefox doesn't know what email client to use. Maybe some
other Firefox users can shed some light on this.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

burnr

I dunno Nicolaas. Since Mozilla works okay the only thing that occurs to
me is that Firefox doesn't know what email client to use. Maybe some
other Firefox users can shed some light on this.

Susan

I use Firefox and Pegasus. The mailto link works fine for me.

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Omar=A9?=

Susan said:
Susan Bugher wrote:

I've "hooked up" the burner's email links. If you're a volunteer burner
please visit the web page and send yourself an email to make sure the
link is properly configured. TIA. Note: when you're ready to start
taking requests from ACF participants please post that info in the
newsgroup.

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/2006PL-CD-about.php
Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Works as advertised
Omar

Nicolaas Hawkins

I dunno Nicolaas. Since Mozilla works okay the only thing that occurs to
me is that Firefox doesn't know what email client to use.

Not impossible. If that is the case, I would be very interested to
receive advice on exactly how and where this can be configured. I
certainly cannot find any configuration setting that looks even remotely
like being able to set - or alter - such a parameter.
Maybe some other Firefox users can shed some light on this.

I wait with bated breath ...

In the general scheme of things, it isn't mission-critical. If, as is
suggested, it works for others, then that is what matters - that it can be
used to contact me to request CD's. Replies and so on, I can organise via
other means - there is usually more than one way to pluck a grackle. It
would be nice to have it working for me, too, though.

Nicolaas.

.... No good deed goes unpunished.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

That is exactly what I mean. I cannot initiate an E-Mail either
to myself or anybody else using the links on the webpage. (using
Firefox). I haven't tried using native MSIE <hiss, spit> I
shouldn't need to, surely?

AFAIK, Firefox just hands off mailto links to the OS. I'd check
URL:MailTo Protocol » Advanced. (URL:MailTo should be near the top
of the list, among the 'file types' with no extension.) If there's
no entry for 'open', I'd create one with the action

"path/to/Dialog" %1

If Dialog has an option to set itself as the default mail client, I
guess I'd try that first.

REM

I tested and received the email.

It might be good to prompt for a mailing address so that all info is
delivered in the initial request.