won't shut-down, restarts

G

Hi. I have had a problem for a few days where when you shut down the comp it acts like it's shutting down but then restarts. Then today it came up with the screen options of 'safe mode' or last known configuration. Then when the comp started my colors were haywire. I tried the resolution settings, but it won't changed above the lowest resolution and 4-bit color. It looks awful. Could this be a bug? I've read tons of threads and haven't found an answer. I've installed the spyware stuff also just incase. HELP ME!

M

Melissa

LindseyRae said:
Hi. I have had a problem for a few days where when you shut down the comp it acts like it's shutting down but then restarts. Then today it came up with the screen options of 'safe mode' or last known configuration. Then when the comp started my colors were haywire. I tried the resolution settings, but it won't changed above the lowest resolution and 4-bit color. It looks awful. Could this be a bug? I've read tons of threads and haven't found an answer. I've installed the spyware stuff also just incase. HELP ME!

Sounds like a hardware problem. Could be harddrive, RAM, video card,
power supply . . . Do you know how to diagnose hardware problems? If
you're sure it's virus free and spyware/adware/hijack free, I 'd think
about the computer repair store. You can also try here:
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article07-200

G

Hi. i have had a problems...... the windows a shut-down auto, they give me one minute to shut-down
the archive is winlogon .... ok help me......

Ask a Question