Restart Does Not Work Anymore, Have to Shut Down/Start Manually


S

silkunicorn

Hello,

It just happened in the last two days. I have a Dell Inspiron 6400
with Windows XP SP3. I can no longer use the START / SHUT DOWN and/or
RESTART functions anymore. When I clicked on Shut Down or Restart,
nothing happens. I have to manually shut it down and then manually
start it. Once it started, everything is fine.

Could someone let me know what would be the cause of this problem? I
have done any changes in my hardware or OS. I checked virus/spywares
every day and are all clean.

Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated.

Thank you.
 
Ad

Advertisements

M

MowGreen

silkunicorn said:
Hello,

It just happened in the last two days. I have a Dell Inspiron 6400
with Windows XP SP3. I can no longer use the START / SHUT DOWN and/or
RESTART functions anymore. When I clicked on Shut Down or Restart,
nothing happens. I have to manually shut it down and then manually
start it. Once it started, everything is fine.

Could someone let me know what would be the cause of this problem? I
have done any changes in my hardware or OS. I checked virus/spywares
every day and are all clean.

Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated.

Thank you.



Use System Restore to roll the system back using a restore point created
prior to the issue first occurring.


MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked
 
S

silkunicorn

Use System Restore to roll the system back using a restore point created
prior to the issue first occurring.

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked

Thank you for response. I know that option. But I rather not doing
that. Is there a way to solve this problem?

Thank you.
 
D

dadiOH

silkunicorn said:
Thank you for response. I know that option. But I rather not doing
that. Is there a way to solve this problem?

Paste this into "run"

C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -r -t 01

Does it work



--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
 
S

silkunicorn

Paste this into "run"

C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -r -t 01

Does it work

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

Thank you. But before I try that, could you please tell me what does
it do?
 
Ad

Advertisements

Z

Zaphod Beeblebrox

silkunicorn said:
Thank you. But before I try that, could you please tell me what does
it do?

If it works, it will shutdown and restart your PC after a 1 second
delay.
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top