Women Drivers

Reaction score
It is true!

Quote "I didn't see you" Unquote

PFFFFT

Dont get me wrong i'm not saying they all bad, just the odd few. Or the one that I came across today :(

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh dear oh dear oh dear :) Lets just hope Becky and Gabs don't see this :blush:

Did you get a bump in your car today?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I will not stick up for women drivers, as they are generally pretty poor.

I, however, am not a typical woman driver :D

Sorry to hear about your car, TriplexDread. I apologise on behalf of my sex :(

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I dont drive , My wife does . her uncle was a bus driver and she learned to drive ...you guessed it...in a bus..at 17
She is the most forceful driver i know and is the only one i trust behind a wheel.
women do make good drivers .

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
I will not stick up for women drivers, as they are generally pretty poor.

I, however, am not a typical woman driver :D

Sorry to hear about your car, TriplexDread. I apologise on behalf of my sex :(

Who's stolen the real Becky and where have you hidden her? :eek:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
all the times i've ever been cut up or nearly hit have been by women drivers, i know not all women drivers are useless as my sister is pretty damn good especially round a track and a few of my friends are good a little fast but still in control i would say its about 95% of women that haven't got a clue about reading the road or judging distances, speed etc

its bad news about the car triplexdread, hopefully the insurance company will pay up

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately my mother is that type of driver - she seems to think that her blonde hair is a license to do what she likes! Bad news for my step-dad, who is training to be a driving instructor...! Most of the time when she's driving she's in another world, she just doesn't concentrate on what she's doing. In the car with her, I'm constantly air-braking! :rolleyes:

P.S. Ian - the real Becky is being held to ransom - I will return her when you've done the washing up ;)

Reaction score
Taa Bex, however you dont need to apologise. I'm just upset cos i'm unemployed and cant afford another car and as we all know having a car is a double plus when it comes to finding a job.

Yes Ian i'm fine so is me m8 fortunately. Being shunted along a barrier at 50mph and hearing your tyres go pop did hav a certain disconcerning effect on me tho :(

I wouldnt mind i had only just left the sliproad

Reaction score
It is true!

"I didn't see you"

Yep
But it does not necessarily apply to lady drivers only men are just as bad, I drove HGV long distance for a while, and my gawd you should see some drivers, from an advantage point [lorry] you would not believe it:eek: , as long as your OK that’s what matters:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Taa Bex, however you dont need to apologise. I'm just upset cos i'm unemployed and cant afford another car and as we all know having a car is a double plus when it comes to finding a job.

Yes Ian i'm fine so is me m8 fortunately. Being shunted along a barrier at 50mph and hearing your tyres go pop did hav a certain disconcerning effect on me tho :(

I wouldnt mind i had only just left the sliproad

Glad you're OK TD, that doesn't sound like much fun :eek: How did it happen?

Good luck with the job hunting too, what sort of thing are you after? :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
My sister in law drives in reverse gear at the same speed as I normally drive (in the right direction) when going to the office. :D I have seen her once but never sat next to her in the same car.

My wife is banned from driving since I first tested her and found out she changed gears just like a truck driver. I told her that it was mandatory to press the clutch first and then shift the gear, not vice versa. :D She was involved in two accidents before our marriage, once when she hit a 40 foot trailer, and the second time she hit a roundabout with her mother sitting next to her who actually flew into the windscreen and cut her face needing 27 stitches. The second one happened when we were engaged so I had to go see my would be mother-in-law in the hospital. Later I found out that they had gone for shopping to get me a birthday present.

:D :D :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Weeeeeeeeeeeeell...... Last accident I had a driver just pulled out right in front of me whilst it was raining.

Ssssssssssshhhhh....slip.........slide.....crunch, tinkle

Erm, yes, the other driver was a female.

I honestly don't think it makes a difference though, tbh, a bad driver is a bad driver.

Only definite difference I can see is that most women drivers drive more slowly than men and are perhaps a little over-cautious. This probably means fewer accidents but real frustration if you're following her ;)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd have to agree with flops on this one.
I think Dunedin has some of the worst drivers on this planet. Sometimes I wonder if any of them have read the road rules at all. failing to indicate, swinging out across the meridian round corners. Tail-gating. And the one that scares me the most is failing to look. And I'm ashamed to say it, but women are the worst at that one. Almost every time we've been nearly hit by someone who didn't bother to actually check & see if there was anyone coming before swinging out onto a road it was a woman. It scares the sh*t out of me. Sometimes they're just so busy nattering away that they don't even notice. Other times it's like it just doesn't occur to them at all. In general I would say that each gender is as bad as the other, but for that one women really do seem to be the worst offenders. males on the otherhand are the most likely to swing across the meridian when they go around corners & at tailgating. They are also often a little bit over sure of their brakes when pulling up at an intersection too. Not slowing down until they stop so to speak. When they 'overshoot' slightly it can be a bit of a scare, especially if it's right in your face. Guess they've never had their brakes fail, so far. All the other things I can think of I'd say are pretty evenly split. like flops says, a bad driver is a bad driver.

John always says to drive as if everyone else on the road is either suicidal or stupid because you never know which ones are.

I'm just glad that you're ok Triplex. I'm sorry about your car, but there's only one of you & you can't be replaced. I'm glad you're still around:).

Last edited:
Reaction score
All I can say is thankyou all for your support.

Lets just see what tescos come up with. Hopefully summat worth bothering with

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
All I can say is thankyou all for your support.

Lets just see what tescos come up with. Hopefully summat worth bothering with

Tescos should be good! what car [exact model and year milage etc please]did you have and what value were you covered for? I can advise if the need be;)

Reaction score
A K reg Fiat Uno Fire .999 (92 - 93)

Fully comp for 10,000 miles a year starting from 63500miles ish on clock

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
A K reg Fiat Uno Fire .999 (92 - 93)

Fully comp for 10,000 miles a year starting from 63500miles ish on clock
I need the following exactly> year>model>milage on the car>condition[before the crash]> how many doors3/5> the value you insured it for?;)

Reaction score
All the above with 5 doors. The value was minimum they allow £1000

Cant remember the exact milage. As I said about 63k 64k

Ask a Question