Women Drivers

Reaction score
i meant does your car insurance cover the contents of the luggage compartments at the time of the incident... It should offer free physiotherapy for your mate, so that SHOULD be ok, and if you ticked the twenny quid a year extra for the legal cover your solicitor fees should be covered there too...

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
:(

But it is true that, since she rear-ended you, she basically hasn't got a chance in hell of carrying her claim through. In any instance of rear ending the presumption of guilt always lies with the person with their nose up your... posterior. Hopefully all will work out well:)

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
. As we all know she denied responsibility (I knew that would happen) however the matter has been passed over to another department now I should hear within the next 5 - 7 days. Why you may ask, well she has told her cover company that I changed lanes in front of her and never gave her time to slow down (Yawn) I was approaching the lane from the slip road and entered with indicators on moved over and was there for at least 5 - 10 seconds before she hit me.

what a b****!

here is something i read yesterday:

http://jesbeard.com/41.htm

[size=+0]3. Statements admitting fault or guilt ARE admissible in court... and saying you were sorry will be taken as an admission that you were at fault. (This is why it's important NEVER to admit after an accident that it was your fault. Do not even say you are sorry. NEVER say this to others there and do not talk with anyone else about what happened until you get in to talk with your lawyer.)[/size]

and it looks like this women that hit you has had some good accident practice! lol

Reaction score
Well she told me m8 that was with me in car, that she never even saw me!

That was after blaming me at the side of the road!

Last edited:
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Well she told me m8 that was with me in car, that she never even saw me!

That was after blaming me at the side of the road!

She should have gone to Spec-Savers:eek:
:D

Reaction score
Email from Dad today:

Wise words from a bloke on Honest John's website worth remembering.....

I'm a barrister dealing with hundreds of road traffic accident claims every year.

If I could offer the following tips to your readers, it would make life much easier for them, as well as me and my colleagues.

Always opt for the legal protection insurance on your car or house policy.

Never

use solicitors for a claim where the arrangement involves them taking any proportion of the money you are awarded. Treat adverts for "no-win, no-fee" solicitors with the same degree of scepticism you would reserve for soap-powder commercials.

Always

carry a small disposable or digital camera or camera phone with you in the car.

If you have an accident, take pictures of the damage to, and locations of, both vehicles, as well as any impact debris and the other driver; a picture really does tell a thousand words and the chances of you being sued for a frivolous claim diminish enormously.

Always tell your insurers and remember the insurance form might be produced in court later - so take care with it. Saying sorry does not mean you admit it was your fault, nor will the judge think as much. It might even mean the matter goes no further than the roadside. Don't be frightened by solicitors' letters threatening huge legal bills for small accidents - it's all bluff. If the other side has solicitors involved, make sure you get one, too (via the insurance company - don't do it yourself). The insurers may nominate solicitors, but the final choice is up to you.

Don't select a solicitor on the basis that he is a friend or because he did a good job with your house conveyance. Don't believe anything your mates tell you about courts, compensation, making a claim or any other legal issues. Advice for nothing is worth exactly nothing. Don't take the claim personally and keep a

sense of proportion. It's a car accident, not a Senate hearing.

Clients who tell me it's a "matter of principle" have either more money than

sense or fail to understand what the court system is there for.

Reaction score
Cheers m8, I am intending to be as honest as I remember. i dont intend lying or involving anyone else other than my insurers or their appointed solictor in the matter. It was just an accident and it will be treated as such with no anger pointed toward the third party at all.

I just hope it all irons out sooner rather than later. People have enuff stress in their lives without having to worry about stupid trivial little things like who is gonna pay for my new headlights!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good advice above.

I was always under the impression that even if an accident was plainly your fault, never admit fault, especially to the other driver(s) if they have a witness with them.

You pay the insurance company to fight the claim, so it's between them to decide fault. Stay tight lipped at the scene of the accident as regards fault, don't get into a shouting or slanging match and most of all, don't thump the other driver. This can seriously jeopardise your claim ;)

I was involved in an accident about ten years ago that was plainly my fault, the kids said to me 'Look at the horses Daddy' so I did. And promptly rear ended somebody :blush:

Nobody was hurt. The way I argued the accident the claim was eventually settled on a 50-50 basis so it's not always a given you'll lose completely even when it's plainly your fault.

You should consider that when the other driver is making claims against you.

I wouldn't go so far as to encourage lying but you can kind of embroider the truth or conveniently forget to mention some things.

It's sad, but insurance companies are ruthless.

And lastly, if you ever do openly admit guilt you'll find your premium will rise and some insurance companies may even be wary of insuring you.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
And of course it's no news to anyone that insurance companies aren't always honest either.

Reaction score
Well apparently I came off sliproad crossed two lanes of traffic before she hit me. LMAO

So she says..

Which means I was already in the fast lane before she hit me and knocked me over the second and third lane into barrier. Hmm bit of a porky I think

Reaction score
A quick update.

Tesco have been in touch and informed me they can only offer me £250 for the car. Personally I dint think this was too bad seeing as I never paid a penny for it anyway. However I managed to persuade him that it wasnt enuff due to low milage. He eventually took it to £350, which i'm pretty happy with.

Reaction score
He actually said it was only worth £250. But I made him take into account the recent MOT and low milage. So £350 it is.

I can get a better car for an extra £100 from a friend so I think I will be happy with that. After all it cost me nothing to begin with!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sometimes, the cost of losing your no claims bonus or the hike in the cost of your insurance premium can be more than the settlement figure for your vehicle.

Something worth considering.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're getting something for it :thumb: An extra £100 ain't bad at all - just shows what persuasion can do over the phone! :)

edit: never thought about that Floppy :eek:

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Sometimes, the cost of losing your no claims bonus or the hike in the cost of your insurance premium can be more than the settlement figure for your vehicle.

Something worth considering.

I have been assured in writing that my Premium, No claims will not be affected. Also I will not have to pay any excess ;)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I would've thought that, since she was at fault that it would've been covered by her insurance?

Regardless, CONGRATULATIONS Triplex :D, after all the stress of the last couple of weeks, plus the accident itself, you certainly deserve for something to go right :) I'm so happy for you :D:D:D.

Addition: When I first tried to load this post (or one similar anyway) it wouldn't load, then insisted that it was a duplicate & redirected me to the thread where neither the original or presumed duplicate appear to be. So if some similar reading post appears mysteriously out of nowhere later on, then just figure that that makes me twice as glad for you Trplex ;)

EDIT: Damn!!!! It beat me to it!

Thanks to whoever deleted the spare. i didn't actually find the delete option myself untill I clicked to edit this :blush: usually I'm scrolling down b4 it's even finished downloading the edit page. I'm all embarrassed :blush:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Congratulations mate - bet thats a big weight off your chest there.

What car you getting to replace? Something a tad bigger?

Ask a Question