Windows Defender Update Loop ...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
As a Linux user :p I'm not privy to the problems that some are experiencing in updating Windows Defender ... but try this;

Remove the current signature file.
To do this, click Start, click Run, type Msiexec /x {A5CC2A09-E9D3-49EC-923D-03874BBD4C2C}, and then click OK.

Then ran Control Panel/Add-Remove, selected Windows Defender and chose Change/Update.

Let me know if you still have problems. :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I'm still using the old version at the moment Mucks - do you think its worth upgrading, or are there too many bugs at the moment?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
I'm still using the old version at the moment Mucks - do you think its worth upgrading, or are there too many bugs at the moment?
I'm afraid I'm living in the lap of linuxury ... :D

Up to you ... I have, as I always do, been doing a lot of reading and it looks good ... I have read some, if not all, the "real-world tests" out there and results are very favorable ... it looks like MS have not messed with Giant's good work in Spyware detection. :thumb:

The problem most are having is in the constant "update loop" in that some find after a Def update it wants to go and do it all again ... others report no problems in updating the Def's

Don't know who on the forum would like to "test" it out or indeed is actually using it ... no reports here or at SpywarePoint forums.

Be my guest ... :D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I think Quads using it at the moment without problem - I'll leave it for a while longer and see ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
I think Quads using it at the moment without problem - I'll leave it for a while longer and see ;)

No problems whatsoever, it runs in the background and also updates itself automatically :thumb:

Take a look at the interface attached.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 213

Ask a Question