Windows 7 Newsgroups

ColTom2

Hi:

Can anyone tell me why Microsoft has not established Windows 7
Newsgroups? Where is everyone going for public support for it?

Thanks,

ColTom2

webster72n

ColTom2 said:
Hi:

Can anyone tell me why Microsoft has not established Windows 7
Newsgroups?

No (except for some guesses).
Where is everyone going for public support for it?

There is a respective forum and I don't have the link for it, but it has
been mentioned many times before in this group. Just scale back to it.

Harry.

+Bob+

Because MS does what it wants; customers are a secondary
consideration.

This group is quickly becoming the default Win7 USEnet support group.

Jon

ColTom2 said:
Hi:

Can anyone tell me why Microsoft has not established Windows 7
Newsgroups?

In the good old days, when men were men and Win 7 wasn't invented, Microsoft
would come into groups such as these and explain their position.

Now they hide in shame and leave us to speculate ....

Where is everyone going for public support for it?
Staying right here until they provide it in the form of a decent newgroup

milt

ColTom2 said:
Hi:

Can anyone tell me why Microsoft has not established Windows 7
Newsgroups? Where is everyone going for public support for it?

Thanks,

ColTom2

They won't give us an answer we can only guess and its safe to say at
this point, MS is abandoning the newsgroups in favor of web-based
forums. How long this server has to live? Anyone's guess but I suspect
it will be less than a year, and they will pull the plug on it.

gordo

There is a newsgroup called alt.windows7.general where there is some
activity. Since many providers have pulled the alt. groups, it may not be
available to a large number people. Free.teranews.com does carry it.

Gordo

Electro Lytes

Richard Urban said:
Likely because of items like Alias, Frank and a small handful of others.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

Alias

Electro said:
WRONG. Alias is the major troll of the group.

You post more about Ubuntu than I do.

We are just trying to
set the record straight and correct the lies that he posts on a daily
basis.

LOL! Who do you think you're fooling, LIAR?

Alias

KristleBawl

milt expressed an opinion:
They won't give us an answer we can only guess and its safe to say at
this point, MS is abandoning the newsgroups in favor of web-based
forums. How long this server has to live? Anyone's guess but I suspect
it will be less than a year, and they will pull the plug on it.

If so, not a major loss, because most of the most popular newsgroups
here are already carried on other servers and will continue. Usenet
doesn't rely on Microsoft for anything. Hosting customized support
newsgroups is common but not required.

On the other hand, the website might be an experiment, and it might
prove inefficient and unpopular. There's no reason MS can't change their
minds and create new newsgroups later. The original MS help site was
just a web interface to these groups.

Alternatively, there really doesn't seem to be much difference between
Vista and Windows 7, except the eye candy and a few tweaks, so this
might be the newsgroup for the best help.

Alias

KristleBawl said:
milt expressed an opinion:

If so, not a major loss, because most of the most popular newsgroups
here are already carried on other servers and will continue. Usenet
doesn't rely on Microsoft for anything. Hosting customized support
newsgroups is common but not required.

On the other hand, the website might be an experiment, and it might
prove inefficient and unpopular. There's no reason MS can't change their
minds and create new newsgroups later. The original MS help site was
just a web interface to these groups.

Alternatively, there really doesn't seem to be much difference between
Vista and Windows 7, except the eye candy and a few tweaks, so this
might be the newsgroup for the best help.

The big difference is that Win 7 will run on XP era hardware (than and
the improved UAC, file transfers and search). A friend has it running on
an AMD AthlonXP 2400+, nVidia 6200 256MB and two gigs of 266 RAM. It
runs faster than XP on the same machine.

Alias

Electro Lytes

Alias said:
You post more about Ubuntu than I do.

We are just trying to

LOL! Who do you think you're fooling, LIAR?

Alias

Not trying to fool anyone. I admit that I post to correct your lies. I am
not hiding anything here.

Just doing my Noble Mission.

Electro Lytes

Alias said:
The big difference is that Win 7 will run on XP era hardware (than and the
improved UAC, file transfers and search). A friend has it running on an
AMD AthlonXP 2400+, nVidia 6200 256MB and two gigs of 266 RAM. It runs
faster than XP on the same machine.

Alias

That's weird. You know someone who uses Windows? Why haven't you forced
your friend to use that SHITTY Ubuntu? I'll bet because he is smarter than
you!

smlunatick

Hi Leroy:

  I had just found the forum that you sent, but it appears there is no
comparison with it and the Newsgroups which I think is much better. I hadno
other choice than to register etc.

Thanks,

ColTom2

The Official Microsoft Windows 7 Answers Forum:http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

FYI: Usenet seems to be "pushed" into obsolescence. More and more
ISPs are shutting down their Usenet services and there are "rumours"
that Google wants to shut the Google Groups "service."

Alias

smlunatick said:
FYI: Usenet seems to be "pushed" into obsolescence. More and more
ISPs are shutting down their Usenet services and there are "rumours"
that Google wants to shut the Google Groups "service."

Maybe we'll get lucky and Deja News will buy it back.

Alias

Alias

Electro said:
Not trying to fool anyone.
LOL!

I admit that I post to correct your lies.

But what you post is not a correction but ill informed FUD and lies.
am not hiding anything here.

If you have any intelligence, you're doing a great job in hiding that.
Just doing my Noble Mission.

Lying like you do is not noble, sport.

Alias