Windows 7 Support for Windows 7 is nearing the end

Reaction score
I have a Compaq SG3-110UK Desktop PC with Windows 7 Home Premium operating system.
I have recently received an alert on my PC from Microsoft as follows: "Support for Windows 7 is nearing the end".
The alert also points out .. "While you could continue to use your PC running Windows 7, without continued software and security updates, it will be at greater risk for viruses and malware. Going forward, the best way for you to stay secure is on Windows 10. And the best way to experience Windows 10 is on a new PC. While it is possible to install Windows 10 on your older device, it is not recommended."
I was hoping I could back up my PC and install Windows 10. But as you can see above, Microsoft do not recommend that. I don't really want to buy a new PC; I'm quite happy with this one. Please can anyone advise.

Thanks
Tony Dooley

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ignore Microsoft, carry on as you are, you will just need to be a bit more cautious and not visit too many pron sites. :)

Reaction score
Microsoft will end support for Windows 7 by 2020,that is why i am going to upgrade it to Windows 10,but i am not sure if all the software or apps on my Windows 7 computer are compatible with Windows 10.

Reaction score
The only software problem I've experienced when upgrading one of my computers from W7 to W10 is that the Compatibility Pack for Office would not convert and open Word and Excel 2007 files in Word or Excel 2002. The converter still works in W7.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ignore Microsoft, carry on as you are, you will just need to be a bit more cautious and not visit too many pron sites. :)

Will second that, just because Microsoft will no longer supply security updates for Win 7 there's nothing to stop you using other anti-virus and anti-malware software and there are several free programs available in both categories.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I shall carry on using Win 7 and I use Sophos security on all my devices

Reaction score
The only software problem I've experienced when upgrading one of my computers from W7 to W10 is that the Compatibility Pack for Office would not convert and open Word and Excel 2007 files in Word or Excel 2002. The converter still works in W7.
Thanks,i got it,and my computer is running Windows 10,it was upgraded from Windows 7 2 days ago,everything is fine.
This is the first time I've tried to do this with a free way.
And

Ask a Question