Can't find newsgroups for Windows 7

Bob

I cannot find the newsgroups for Windows 7. Can someone point me to Windows
7 general newsgroup?

Thanks
Bob

R. C. White

Hi, Bob.

That's one of the most FAQs here - and the answer is posted almost daily:

There are NO Win7 newsgroups on the Microsoft public server - and there
won't be any, I'm afraid. MS wants us all to move to "forums". So you have
two options:

1. The Microsoft forums at: http://answers.microsoft.com/

2. Non-MS newsgroups on Usenet. I know of only one so far:
alt.windows7.general

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

+Bob+

Hi, Bob.

That's one of the most FAQs here - and the answer is posted almost daily:

There are NO Win7 newsgroups on the Microsoft public server - and there
won't be any, I'm afraid. MS wants us all to move to "forums". So you have
two options:

1. The Microsoft forums at: http://answers.microsoft.com/

2. Non-MS newsgroups on Usenet. I know of only one so far:
alt.windows7.general

3. Or keep posting here. This is the default Win7 newsgroup. Despite
MS's insistence that the sky should change to be purple, it's still
blue.

Ken Blake, MVP

I cannot find the newsgroups for Windows 7. Can someone point me to Windows
7 general newsgroup?

Unfortunately it's highly unlikely that there will be any Microsoft
Windows 7 newsgroups. Apparently Microsoft has decided that web-based
forums are better than newsgroups and they are putting their efforts
there. I'm personally sorry that's the case, but it's their decision,
not mine.

However there is at least one non-Microsoft Windows 7 newsgroup:
alt-windows7.general. Not all servers carry it (at least not yet), but
here's one free news server that does: aioe.org

Kevin John Panzke

Bob wrote: > I cannot find the newsgroups for Windows 7. Can someone
point me to Windows > 7 general newsgroup? > > Thanks > Bob