• Next time I buy a PC

Votes: 16 11.4%
  • No!

Votes: 57 40.7%

• Total voters

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've been running Vista for six or seven months now, a few teething problems, all overcome, and basically it's running sweet as a nut.

But.

I have 4 computers and only run Vista on one of them, the main reason being DX10 for gaming.

I bought Vista Home Premium OEM for £65.00 mostly cos I was curious. And I do actually like it.

I also recognise it's flawed, it is a resource hog and it runs slower than Vista on some things. Only on some things though, on most usage it's as least as quick as XP.

But, all in all, this far down the line I have to say I really like it.

Reaction score
I have been using it since Jan 2008 and I have had my ups and downs with it. I have had a few games that did not work in 64bit so I am now running 32bit again and things seem a lot better. But all in all , I like it quite a lot.

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
Yup... I been running Vista on a few laptops since last summer.

Ended up turning off UAC and any problems I had stopped.

However, in my working enviroment I'm still downgrading to XP on our new systems. If it aint bust don't fix it. Then again, once we've restructured and have our 2008 Servers in place I may just have to revert back to Vista on all of them for the added benifits... i.e. NAP etc...

Reaction score
JaLing said:
Yup...

Ended up turning off UAC and any problems I had stopped.
Turning of UAC helped me out, also for people who have bought Acer laptops/Desktops its a good idea to get rid of the Acer Empowering Technology..

Reaction score
I have Vista, there are some things that **** me off about it, there were some good features in the Beta.

Like Madxgraphics, I'm waiting for Windows 7...

Ask a Question