Will you upgrade to Windows Vista

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Will many people here upgrade to Vista as soon as it is released? I'm probably going to wait till I do a big system upgrade, unless it limits me with anything I want to do.

It doesn't need massive specs from what I've seen, so most people will be able to run it on the current setup (perhaps with out the fancy Aero graphics features).

I hope they stick to a sensible price when it is released! :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yep, but I'll do a clean install. ;)

If the Old Girl can cope (3.3), then this one will manage quite nicely.

It better be round the £50 mark or less, or I ain't interested. :D

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Yep, but I'll do a clean install. ;)

If the Old Girl can cope (3.3), then this one will manage quite nicely.

It better be round the £50 mark or less, or I ain't interested. :D

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
Now you are pushing your luck Mucks.......

Stick with XP for now it took long enough to NEARLY sort it out!!!!!!!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'll probably pay for a copy to use on one machine, yes.

I've been thinking a lot about this actually and like Ian will probably upgrade my main machine with hardware and Vista at the same time.

I'm quite happy with my main machine as it is atm, XP3200 Socket A @ 2.4Ghz/1Gig Crucial RAM/DFI Lan Party Ultra IIB/2 x WD 35Gb Raptors in RAID 0/6800GT 256Mb so I don't see why I should upgrade right now to be honest.

This machine handles all games I've thrown at it so far but have to confess it wouldn't run FEAR at max settings.

Suppose I'll have to upgrade eventually so I may as well go for an AMD AM2 system with Vista OS when it arrives. I'm sticking with Windows on my main machine cos I like Gaming. And before I get the usual replies about there being 1000's of games for Linux, yes, I know, but never ever the latest Games eh?

It's about time games developers looked at dual platform. They can port stuff about between consoles and PC's so why not Linux as well?

I have two other machines that won't be going Vista. One has 3 swappable hard drive caddies and 4 IDE drives to go in them, currently Win XP (for work stuff mostly - Portable Appliance Testing Software) Suse 10.1, Mandriva 2006 and Win 98 with loads of old games on it. That system is based on Athlon 64 3200/512Mb RAM.

The other machine is running XP (XP3200 Sckt A/1Gb RAM/2 x WD SAT 120Gb RAID 0/Asrock mobo) but all I use it for is video and audio editing, mostly video, capturing from VHS and stuff.

If I can find software that can do the same as Pinnacle Studio 9/Cdex/dbPoweramp/Audiograbber then that machine's going Linux as well.

Blimey, I started rabbitting a bit there but basically yes, I will upgrade to Vista and buy a copy - eventually - cos I like me Games :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Has any info on the retail price been released yet?
Which version Vista would you want the price on?

:)

Reaction score
Im going to buy a new all singing all dancing system in the next couple of months, so will probably get Vista on it to see what it's like. But i wont have any of my important stuff on it as im a bit worried. Everything will be backed up first!!

Reaction score
Depends when its released, might get it with the new pc im thinking about getting :D
If its too pricey though i'll stick with XP ;):D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Been running it on machines at work for evaluation purposes for months now...and to be honest i'll be sticking with me xp pro for a while yet...:thumb: ..iv'e nothing to gain by porting over to vista at the moment but if i do in the future i'll probably build myself a whole new machine and go from there....

Ask a Question