Xbox One X is the final name of Project Scorpio

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Microsoft’s Xbox One upgrade will be called the Xbox One X, the company announced during its E3 2017 press briefing today.

The Xbox One X will be released Nov. 7 worldwide, Xbox head Phil Spencer announced. It will cost $499.

Microsoft updated the Xbox One last year with the Xbox One S, a white redesign of the original black console that reduced its size by 40 percent. Unlike the Xbox One S, the Xbox One X will come in black — although it looks very similar to the white console in shape and design, as you can see above.

As previously announced, the Xbox One X will include a 1 TB hard drive. And because it contains the same port array as the Xbox One S, the same power cable works with both systems. The Xbox One X will contain a 4K Blu-ray drive, three USB 3.0 ports — one in the front, two in the back — and an IR blaster.

The Xbox One S is currently available at a $50 discount, which drops the price of the cheapest bundle to just $199.99. Scorpio will be a significantly more powerful console, with a more than fourfold increase over the Xbox One's graphics capability, a 31 percent increase in CPU speed, and a 50 percent increase in onboard RAM. Even so, it is smaller than the Xbox One S, making it Microsoft’s smallest console ever.
Source: Polygon

lq1ajwgoz23z.png

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That looks great and that price isn't bad tbh!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is this going to be similar to the PS4 Pro, where some games benefit from improved textures, etc... (i.e. aimed at 4k TVs), but all games will be compatible with the old and new consoles?

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Is £430 a reasonable price? I think my Xbox One S cost around £230 7 months ago and it performs admirably.

There's no denying the desirable tech specs of the X but it does cost a few bob don't it?

Maybe it is worth the money and I'm just a tightwad, lol

Come November though, I'll very likely stick with what I have.

Ask a Question