What do you think of Windows 7?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been reading up on Windows 7 today, the next scheduled release after Windows Vista. It looks like it will be released in late 2009, which isn't really that far away!

It seems like I've only just upgraded to Windows Vista, and as this next OS is going to be built on the Vista core (i.e. Vista R2) it doesn't make it seem like a huge upgrade.

There's more info on it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7

I've had a read of the new features, and none of them seem enough to make me want to go out and buy it immediately - but I've got no doubt it will be some sort of improvement.

Has anyone tried one of the early release builds?

Reaction score
[font=&quot]It's an interesting read, Ian.
But is this not just a case of Microsoft trying to make more $$$$.
Vista is still new to a lot of people & i would have thought they would have waited slightly longer, say 2010 before introducing it.
I've only used Vista whilst in a Virtual World through VMWare & whilst supporting a family friend with their new PC.
I'm not sure if the public will go for it in a big way, i know a few people who prefer XP to Vista on their PC's
And still some companies offer XP as an option when buying a new PC/Laptop!
[/font]

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
- but I've got no doubt it will be some sort of improvement.

It would have to be a lot more than SOME improvement....:bow: #Money-Money- Money its a rich mans world# [whistle`s while :lol: walking away]

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hmm ... won't much of W7's popularity hinge around what the "popular press" have to say about it? Such a lot of writers for PC mags, jumped on Vista, to denigrate it, that many minds were made-up amongst the general computer-buying public, that Vista was a "bad thing." So I would anticipate that if, instead of headlines such as "How to Survive W7" (remember all those "survive Vista" articles?) we see "W7 - The Best OS Ever!" then it's going to have big appeal; besides which, the folk who skipped Vista in favour of hanging on to XP, are going to be due for an upgrade of some kind.

Okay, call me cynical... but I haven't had my coffee yet
:lol:

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I've had a read of the new features, and none of them seem enough to make me want to go out and buy it immediately - but I've got no doubt it will be some sort of improvement.

I'm in agreement on what you say Ian..So i'll be sticking with XP for now..I've also read in some places that W7 won't be available as an upgrade from Vista..So you'd have to do a clean install..To me that just means loads of money ...

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'll be sticking with XP and of course my FREE TO OWN AND USE Mandriva 64 Bit OS.

:p

Ask a Question