Very confusing internet problem??? help!

Reaction score
About 3 months ago I subscribed to the Post Offices new broadband system, and literally plugged it in and off I went.
It has been connecting fine, often at around 6.5, which is great for what I need (mainly watching online TV, sports, facebook and news) until 2 days ago.
The connection was suddenly lost, and then it had real difficulties reconnecting and when it did, this only lasted a couple of minutes.
I left it and tried again yesterday. After a few attempts it connected at 6.4 and I thought everything was fine.
However, my internet is running like dial up!!!
I simply cannot watch any videos as they pause every 3 seconds, and simple web pages take a few moments to load, with text first and then images etc. following.
I called The Post Office tech help, and unfortunately the girl there sounded both foreign and clueless.
She said she ran some line tests and it was fine.
I have reset the modem, used AVG and Spybot S&D, I have cleared all uneccesary files off my hard drive, I have even tried a system restore to before it stopped, all to no avail.
When I run a speed test, it hardly registers, and when I try and run VEOH TV, it cannot even detect that I am connected to the internet.
Does anybody have any ideas where I go from here? I am frustrated as i don't understand why it is saying on my connection that it is at 6.5, my ISP say the same, but it actually is running at nothing hardly!
I would appreciate any help you guys could offer me.
I'm running XP btw.

Reaction score
Ring again and see what they say? ...if the noOb tech assistant isn't much use ask for someone higher. The more of a deal you make the more they'll listen.
If they still insist there's nothing wrong on their behalf and things don't improve much after a week or two then consider changing your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

It's not a fault with your PC, loads of people have such issues; they come and go ...some take weeks to go which is the problem (that I've personally experienced).

Ask a Question