upgrading my packard bell(advice needed)

Reaction score
i have now a BIGGER problem with the computer it's not switching on. i the power is gone or the fuse.
any suggestions what is should do next ??// please help chheers

Reaction score
sharky08 said:
i have now a BIGGER problem with the computer it's not switching on. i the power is gone or the fuse.
any suggestions what is should do next ??// please help chheers

Hi,

Were you able to try what I suggest first before this happened? If you have a spare power supply or any other parts that are compatable then see if you can get it to power on.

Reaction score
uhmm this happend while i was trying your solution. i have got a spare power supply, does that
mean i have to buy a new power supply???. and what do u mean any other parts that are compatable?

Reaction score
where do you live sharky? if its near me I will do it for you no charge;)

Reaction score
sharky08 said:
London And U

Oops! Swansea South Wales a bit to far, I really would like to do it for you as you are a trier and you listen to the advice given...
Now tell me what happened exactly?

Reaction score
sharky08 said:
uhmm this happend while i was trying your solution. i have got a spare power supply, does that
mean i have to buy a new power supply???. and what do u mean any other parts that are compatable?

Hi Sharky,

I am not sure why that would happen when you where trying the solution. If you don't have a spare Power Supply do you knoe anyone that might have one that you can try. What I mine about compatable parts is make sure that they are comptatable with your motherboard, like memory and CPU and Video card then you need to check the motherboard makers website and find out what the motherboard supports.

let me know if I can help any further,

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
it suddenly didn't go on when i click on switch on button. i think this occured when i tryed to install my new hard disk and ram ????

Reaction score
sharky08 said:
it suddenly didn't go on when i click on switch on button. i think this occured when i tryed to install my new hard disk and ram ????

Have you tried your old hard disk and ram?? If so is the problem still the same?

Reaction score
sharky08 said:
As wizkid has said it is pretty well the PSU blown there is no way of repairing it so dont try unless you know how to set it and solder the new components into place? there again its cheaper to replace with a new/used PSU.
is there no lights at all?

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Post the information and physical size of your psu as I have loads of oldrer psu's kicking around.

happywave.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It is probably the standard size, but to save me wasting me time looking can you measure it up and post the sizes. I have 16 different old pc's that were working and are just for spares till I junk them permenantly.
If I have a psu you can have one for postage plus £1 for me time.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
IT IS WORKING NOW. I DIDNT PLUG IN THE PLUGS RIGHT, BUT NOW I DID.
The only thing is i still have the same problem guys glue part error.

what i did was
1. plugged in a new SATA HDD

but when i'm trying use Recovery cd1 and 2 it can;t restore the softwares from Recovery cds.

WOULD BE ABLE TO TO USE RECOVERY CD'S TO INSTALL MY ORGINALL SOFTWARE ????

THANKS FOR HELP AND TIME GUYS

CHEEERS

Reaction score
IT IS WORKING NOW. I DIDNT PLUG IN THE PLUGS RIGHT, BUT NOW I DID.
The only thing is i still have the same problem guys glue part error.

what i did was
1. plugged in a new SATA HDD

but when i'm trying use Recovery cd1 and 2 it can;t restore the softwares from Recovery cds.

WOULD BE ABLE TO TO USE RECOVERY CD'S TO INSTALL MY ORGINALL SOFTWARE ????

THANKS FOR HELP AND TIME GUYS

CHEEERS

Reaction score
Best think i should do is properly follow what " ITSME " Has said to me.

That i should borrow a xp cd from my mate and install that and see what happend then.

as i have been told by "ITSME" .

i will let you all know my friendS: ITSME, ABARBARIAN, WIZKID.

IF I HAVE FIXED MY COMPUTER

IGNORE the bit i wrote above. ^___^

Reaction score
sharky08 said:

That i should borrow a xp cd from my mate and install that and see what happend then.

I hope you get it sorted out. :)

Regards

Reaction score
sharky08 said:

It would be advantageous for you to purchase a new XP disc with SP3 included OEM [about £60]
That way no problems should arise as you will have an authentic code with it, so no messing around. ;)

Ask a Question