upgrading my packard bell(advice needed)

Reaction score
upgrading advice need please share your knowledge with me,in wat to buy to make this computer perform much faster. i know i need to get a 2g ram aleast and 120 hard disk space. but i need advice from you guys, thanks in at advances for helping me cheers.

this is my computer packard bell i- start 1360

specification
AMD Athlon 64 3200+Cache memory512kMotherboardChipsetMCP61SBus speed800MHzNumber of PCI slots (total/free)4/3MemoryInstalled memory512MB DDRHard Disk DriveHDD size80GBHDD rotation speed7200rpm

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
If you are running XP then going foe 2 GB of ram will make the pc smoother and a little faster in operation.

Have you got SATA ?

happywave.gif

Reaction score
no i dont think i have it, because i try look at my motherboard for connections.
how would i know if i have on? and if so wat will the SATA do to improve my pc?
get in touch,cheers.

Reaction score
Sounds more like IDE?
The easiest upgrade would be to put more RAM in the PC.
That should make things go faster. :thumb:

Reaction score
thanks for adivice, and i have noticed that i dont have a video card in my motherboard. do i require one video card ???
i have a nvidia graphic card that came with system apart from that i dont have a video card?

Reaction score
Sounds like you have On-Board graphics on the Motherboard.
Whats the make & model of your Motherboard?
You can find out what it is by clicking HERE
And click on Download button.

Then post back with your PC details etc.

Reaction score
im currently on a different computer would be still be able to check this on different computer?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Nope you need to run the softweare on the pc that you want to find the specs of.

See if you can find a manual or specification from the Packard Bell site.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Full specification hope u can add few important points wat i should change, cheers
this my mother board Boston
(Asus M2NS-NVM) Motherboard
Name: Boston
Type: µATX motherboard
Manufacturer: Asus

Storage Components

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 80 GB

20-09-2006

Philips DVD8801
DVD±RW Dual Layer Drive
24-07-2006

NEC ND3550A R9 DL DVD±RW drive
Product Name: ND-3550A
Type: 48x CD-R/32xCD-RW Writer(for high speed CDRW)/48x CD-ROM Player/16x DVD Player
8x DVD+R-DL/16x DVD-R/6x DVD-RW/6xDVD-R-DL/16x DVD+R/8x DVD+RW
Manufacturer: NEC
12-10-2005

8 in 1 Gigabyte GO-C81LA CardReader/Writer
Name: FMCD 8 in 1 GO-C81LA
Type: 3.5-inch Flash Memory Card Drive
Manufacturer: Gigabyte

28-06-2005

Reaction score
sharky08 said:
Full specification hope u can add few important points wat i should change, cheers
this my mother board Boston
(Asus M2NS-NVM) Motherboard
Name: Boston
Type: µATX motherboard
Manufacturer: Asus

Storage Components

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 80 GB

20-09-2006

Philips DVD8801
DVD±RW Dual Layer Drive
24-07-2006

NEC ND3550A R9 DL DVD±RW drive
Product Name: ND-3550A
Type: 48x CD-R/32xCD-RW Writer(for high speed CDRW)/48x CD-ROM Player/16x DVD Player
8x DVD+R-DL/16x DVD-R/6x DVD-RW/6xDVD-R-DL/16x DVD+R/8x DVD+RW
Manufacturer: NEC
12-10-2005

8 in 1 Gigabyte GO-C81LA CardReader/Writer
Name: FMCD 8 in 1 GO-C81LA
Type: 3.5-inch Flash Memory Card Drive
Manufacturer: Gigabyte

28-06-2005

Ok if you have this MOBO then you have SATA 11:thumb: you have DDR2 Memory how much is installed?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
More memory and a newer hard drive will speed up your pc for sure. How much faster I can not say but it is a fairly easy and cheap way to get more from your pc.
This is a good drive for the money in my opinion, note the latest model number. Seagate's Barracuda 7200.11

happywave.gif

Reaction score
i bought a new hardDisk but i'm having problems installing it using the recovery cds.
The error message i get is: ERRROR WHILE CHECKING GLUE PART 1

CAN ANYONE HELP OUT PLEASE THANKS

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
sharky08 said:
i bought a new hardDisk but i'm having problems installing it using the recovery cds.
The error message i get is: ERRROR WHILE CHECKING GLUE PART 1

CAN ANYONE HELP OUT PLEASE THANKS

Sticky problem you have there.
laughingsmiley.gif
Those are RECOVERY discs meant for recovering the original pc. I'm guessing that you have Windows XP, all you need is to borrow a XP disc of a mate , install and use the microsoft key code from your present pc.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
can someone please tell me step by step guide what to do after installing NEW hard disk iNSIDE.
i have connected all the plugs for the Sata Hard disk drive. What measares do i have to take. i'm have never done before.
easy step by step what to do would be wonderfully. MANY THANKS IN ADVANTAGE

Reaction score
sharky08 said:
can someone please tell me step by step guide what to do after installing NEW hard disk iNSIDE.
i have connected all the plugs for the Sata Hard disk drive. What measares do i have to take. i'm have never done before.

I dont fully understand what you are asking? do you mean the instalation of the OS XP or the Hard drive?

Reaction score
First off you can`t install the XP off your recovery disc as it is pre-installed on the origonal hard drive. you have to use a new installation method.

Reaction score
sharky08 said:

Hey,

Please read the following links Packard Bell computers require the Hard Drive to be TATTOOED first before you can install windows on it. The first link is a guide on how to do it.

http://forum.packardbell.com/en/viewtopic.php?t=32951

Please read ftp://ftp.packardbell.com/pub/itemnr/6981810101/EURP-EN20-HDD.pdf Please look at page six. I suggest you phone Packard Bell and do this over the phone with them, once this is completed you will be able to install windows again.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Last edited:

Ask a Question