Trouble installing Hp2600n Printer

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've got a strange problem... I've been trying to install the printer above but to no avail. It's a network printer. I've tried installing the printer using the print driver from HP but unless you have the printer pluged into USB, it does not work.

I need to install the printer through the network. When I do a TCP/IP install, it comes up to a screen prompting for a certificate. It displays all the brands, HP included but not the certificate for the Model 2600n.... Any ideas how I can get pass this?

I've tried searching for the certificate and also for the .Inf file but no luck.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
What OS?

For Win 7
you need to add the printer by first obtaining its IP address from the configuration page

Start Here and get the drivers for the OS

then have a good read HERE

good luck!

:user:

Reaction score
Windows 7 professional.

I tried the above and got to step 7. The printer was not listed there. "Have disk" would not work because HP gives you .exe installation files....

Reaction score
It is supported. I can install the driver on my laptop and step 7 does not come up.... Thats the strange part... And I have windows 7 professional...

muckshifter

Reaction score
... I meant, not supported as a 'networkable' printer.

The 'proper' network printers I've come across all had RJ45 sockets, you just plugged them in & turned them on. :)

Reaction score
Thats true... This one has a RJ45 port... lol...
Even when I instal the drivers from HP and choose network printer with TCP/IP setup... IT does not find the printer....

Anyways, I was under pressure to get this thing sorted ... So I found a USB cable, installed the printer. I then went to printer properties and configured it to print on the appropriate network port....

This did not solve the problem but it got some people off my back...:dance:

Any idea's why the network install did not work?... I'm stumped

muckshifter

Reaction score
ah!

Any idea's why the network install did not work?
nothing surprises me with computers, but no, I have no idea ... I doubt even HP. :)

glad you got it working-ish.

:user:

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
I have seen many issues with HP printers working with the default drivers.

If the printer is on the network, you can use a variety of methods to find it. IP scan, Printer configuration page, Router assigned DHCP, and on.

Try downloading the software from HP's website. Also, if possible, just grab the INFs from them. Go to Add printer, network printer, input IP address and designate the folder where the driver is.

That should work. In the end, don't use the HP Cd to do it. It could have an issue like many other devices I have seen. Broadcast message that doesn't get echoed back from the printer via the router. Some routers won't pass the info, which makes my job a living hell at times.

that's my thought.

Ask a Question