Trackmania Nations Forever

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
edit: I've split this thread from the free games thread, as these posts were just about Trackmania :)

Downloaded Trackmania nations and gave it a whirl, what a great game for free...Been playing it on the Keyboard but will have to plug one of my XBox controllers into my Pc and give that a go...Mind you I got loads of golds on lots of tracks just using my keyboard...

My screen name is Bojangeles if anyone wants to add me as haven't played it online yet just single player for an hour tonight..

Crazylegs was already taken Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...:mad:

This game could seriously take off big time..
nod.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll add you too crazylegs :) I've been using the keyboard to and it's been easy enough to control, and I think I'm going to get addicted to this game quite quickly :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I downloaded this just now, after reading some of the comments here :D ..... oh my goodness! What enormous fun :lol: Like Ian, I'm currently using the keyboard, but whilst I find that easy enough, it's darned difficult to actually stay on the track .... I have found myself on the grass beneath, still driving, managed a "hand-brake turn" (don't ask) and even found myself upside down at one stage :lol:

Ended up laughing so much that I couldn't see through the tears ... still, I did a little better than Terry, who ended-up going in completely the wrong direction at one point :lol: Great stuff! :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Whats your username Taffy and I'll add you to my buddy list, have added V_R and Ian..:thumb:

Flopp's whats your username and we'll all have to arrange a time to come on and race each other around some tracks...
nod.gif

It is great fun and very addictive..I just been playing again this afternoon for another hour and grabbed a few more golds amongst other medals...

Also earlier on plugged in my XBox360 controller and it took about 20 seconds to find and install it...Been playing with it ever since and its fantastic using it with this game...Top stuff..

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sweet wil lhave to meet up soon guys. :)

CL, i take it your not Bojangles from the CoD4 -GA- Clan?

EDIT: nvm i see you spelt it will a e missing, and i think your older than him. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Whats your username Taffy and I'll add you to my buddy list, have added V_R and Ian..:thumb:

Aww that's kind, you're a brave man Crazylegs...I'm still Taffycat (original eh :p )

Need a bit more practice yet, of course :) Can't believe this was a free game, it's really good! :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I've downloaded TrackMania and joined as sexy_bex - it's great fun!! I've only had a quick go on Ian's account so far, but will hopefully be getting my rankings up soon (got big exams next week that I'm currently revising for).

:D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hee hee, this is spreading like chickenpox, have you tried the stunts track yet? Wow! That was terrific fun :D

Sexy Bex said:
(got big exams next week that I'm currently revising for)

I wish you well for your exams Bex, best of luck (though I'm sure you won't need it) :D :wave:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just had a go of this with MajorMellons, he won... several times :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm really not very good at this :blush:

I like using the POV switch for steering with the X-Box pad but it won't let me, I have to use the joystick.

Not that that's an excuse, lol, I is just not very good at this :D

Still, I may join up with youse all on line, won't be the first time I've been whupped at an online game ;)

Is MajorMellons your online name, Mr Mellons? If so I'll add you to the list.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not much good at it either Flops, but it's all good fun :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I feel left out . :( I bet this don't work in Linux .
wallbash.gif

Looked on the site but I could not work out if it played with linux or not . There was some stuff but I think it was just for servers .

happywave.gif

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
This game is great - I've notched up a few gold medals already ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lets set a date and time to meet, then i can race ya all!! :D

i only play it online, not done any SP yet. Check out the wooty uk server, some sweet tracks. :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
This game is really taking off with lots of servers online now..:nod:

I have also made a couple of my own tracks aswell with the editor and made a really fast one, you can then race and your best time gets set as the Gold medal winning time..:thumb:

Me bro's downloading this game as I type so will have another opponent to race online soon...We'll have to get this online night arranged somehow...:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
I have also made a couple of my own tracks aswell with the editor and made a really fast one, you can then race and your best time gets set as the Gold medal winning time..:thumb:

How do you access the editor, that sounds like fun :D
nod.gif

Edit: I'm an idiot, I guess it would be via the Editors button :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've split this thread from the free games thread, as these posts were just about Trackmania :)

Has anyone managed to complete the hardest laps and got a gold (or even silver) medal? They are bloomin hard!!!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Haven't played it for a few days as been really busy but plan to get some more track time in this weekend if anyones up for a challenge..

Ask a Question