TrackMania Nations Forever free on linux

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Abarbarian, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Abarbarian

Abarbarian Acruncher

TrackMania Nations Forever
    You might need to install "snapd" which is easy enough,

https://docs.snapcraft.io/core/install

I can not comment on the game, which is a shame as it looks to be a fun game, due to some minor difficulty installing the game on my Arch system. Snapd installed ok but there was some mismatch with directories and systemd. It should be fine for Mint users as snapd is a Ubuntu creation I think.

:cool:

Abarbarian, Jun 7, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Abarbarian

Abarbarian Acruncher

Game play update

In the interest of fairness and cos I usually make a few slip ups along the way. I decided to have another go at installing snapd and the game.

It seems that I forgot to reboot after installing snapd which is why things did not run smoothly. So this time I followed the instructions to the letter and snapd installed ok and so did the game.
    The graphics are top notch in the game and it runs as smooth as silk. Gaming is fairly simple with movement controlled from the arrow keys. The game loaded very quickly on my rig. Not much else to say except this is a good quality time waster with tons of single player gaming.
    I did not try out the on-line gaming so can not comment as to servers or other players. [​IMG]

Abarbarian, Jun 8, 2018
    Abraham Andres Luna likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Abarbarian

Abraham Andres Luna

Wish I had a Linux box with a graphics card so I can play intense games. I will invest in one soon.

Abraham Andres Luna, Jun 9, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question