TrackMania Nations Forever free on linux

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
TrackMania Nations Forever
Good news for penguin users, TrackMania Nations Forever has been released on edge channel as a snap package this information came first on snapcraft.io forum site. Most of Linux users never heard about Track Mania, because it is only available for Windows, Nintendo DS, Wii, PlayStation 4 e Xbox One users.

You must be asking yourself if this is only available for windows how did we get it on Linux?

According to Steam store information "TrackMania Nations Forever is a free game in the truest sense of the word, TrackMania Nations Forever lets you drive at mind-blowing speeds on fun and spectacular tracks in solo and multiplayer modes.

TrackMania Nations Forever offers a new "Forever" version of the Stadium environment, a solid solo mode, and 65 brand new, progressively challenging tracks. TrackMania Nations Forever will unite an even larger number of players than the original Nations thanks to its engaging multiplayer modes, innovative online functions and revolutionary interactivity between players."

You might need to install "snapd" which is easy enough,

https://docs.snapcraft.io/core/install

I can not comment on the game, which is a shame as it looks to be a fun game, due to some minor difficulty installing the game on my Arch system. Snapd installed ok but there was some mismatch with directories and systemd. It should be fine for Mint users as snapd is a Ubuntu creation I think.

:cool:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Game play update

In the interest of fairness and cos I usually make a few slip ups along the way. I decided to have another go at installing snapd and the game.

It seems that I forgot to reboot after installing snapd which is why things did not run smoothly. So this time I followed the instructions to the letter and snapd installed ok and so did the game.
The graphics are top notch in the game and it runs as smooth as silk. Gaming is fairly simple with movement controlled from the arrow keys. The game loaded very quickly on my rig. Not much else to say except this is a good quality time waster with tons of single player gaming.
I did not try out the on-line gaming so can not comment as to servers or other players.
breakfast.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have the Trackmania series on Windows and I play it a lot, a very addictive game, love it.

I use a Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless controller though and I reckon having to use the arrow keys for control might diminish the enjoyment a bit but I could be wrong.

I might try that thing with Mint.

There are six levels of difficulty, each offering about 18 tracks each and each level is denoted by a colour.

I've managed to reach Level four (Blue, I think) but I think that's my limit, too hard for me after that. I have: Stadium; Valley; Lagoon; Canyon and Turbo.

Ask a Question