Games being played mentioned in despatches

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Over the last few years I seem to have developed a fondness for RPG’s and to that end recently finished Dragon Age Inquisition. I did leave a few side quests incomplete but now I’ve finished the game’s main goal they just don’t have the same interest for me. I may play it through again with a different character but not just yet. Fine value for money, I purchased it in a sale from EA (Origin game client) and it kept me entertained almost for a year on and off, 196 hours playtime.

I’ve gone back to Kingdom Of Amalur: Reckoning and have been enjoying that. Have also tried Divinity Original Sin enhanced edition, wasn’t too impressed with that and Divinity Original Sin 2 which seems to be a big improvement on the first one but haven’t played much of it yet. And Pillars Of Eternity which so far seems ok but early days yet.

Then there was the disappointment that was Battalion 1944, was there ever a game that promised so much then didn’t deliver? A damn shame. Steam refunded me very quickly on that one, they must have had thousands of requests for refunds on Battalion 1944.

I bought Subnautica some time ago then read it had a makeover so I tried it again. Yes, it looks better and no, I still don’t like it.

And Humble Bundle keep mailing me with offers and for once I took them up on an offer. I just bought 17 Japanese anime type games and, I think, some virtual novels, for £8.84. I suspect some of them might be a bit pervy but I figured for that price the law of averages says that there must be 2 or 3 at least out of 17 that will interest me.

I re-started Child Of Light Again, have been enjoying that, it’s a bit cutesy but it holds my interest.

Finally, I’ve lately become addicted to Trackmania. I bought Lagoon on the PC (Ubisoft/Uplay) and Stadium on the Xbox 1 but both games show up on the PC which is a bit good. Out of six levels I’m up to level 4 on both versions where things have become decidedly difficult.

Every single one of the games mentioned above I’ve purchased in a sale btw, didn’t pay full price for any of them.

May just play NIER: Automata again, that was a good game. And I did pay full price for that one so methinks I should play it again to get my money’s worth.

Oh, and still playing Call Of Duty 4 online, probably will be forever….

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm glad you got your money back for Battalion 1944, that was very disappointing.

I did leave a few side quests incomplete but now I’ve finished the game’s main goal they just don’t have the same interest for me.

I'm the same when it comes to RPGs. When I played Skyrim I got almost the whole way through the main quest and left it unfinished for over a year while I did side quests. Ian thought I was mad and kept taking the mick, but when I did finally finish it I lost interest in playing more. C'est la vie :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I was emailed by Green Man Gaming telling me Far Cry 4 was on sale for £8.50 and as I'd heard from other people owning the game that it was a lot better than Far Cry 3 - which I didn't think much of - I thought I'd take a chance.

I paid Green Man Gaming over an hour ago for the game, it's listed in 'My Purchases' on my profile page but I still haven't received a code to unlock the game in the Uplay Ubisoft gaming client :mad:

And while I'm being a moany git a while ago this year I bought one of their mystery bundles of 20 games and amongst the unlock codes I received was one for, and I quote 'Origin: Battlefield 1'. I thought it unlikely I'd get that game cos this bundle of games was dead cheap and sure enough when I enter the code with Origin it tells me the code is erroneous.

So, a double moan for Green Man Gaming, I will contact them and ask them what's going on but not right now, me no in the mood.

I did notice on my profile page that they have this pie chart showing which games I've played the longest. I do like a bit of Borderlands 2 :D

TopPlayedGames.JPG

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cor that's a lot of hours in Borderlands 2! :lol:

When I first played it, I really didn't enjoy it (I didn't give it a fair chance I suspect) - but after being persuaded to play it as part of a 4-man co-op team, I loved it. Are you playing it single player? I've just checked and I've got 70 hours in game, which is a lot for me.

BTW, it sounds like a Borderlands 3 is currently in the works :thumb:.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with Green Man Games @floppybootstomp, did the code for Far Cry 4 come through in the end?

I should really give Borderlands 2 another go sometime, I just didn't get in to it last time.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I now have Far Cry 4 installed within my Uplay gaming client.

Here's the dialogue with Green Man Gaming.

Top marks to them for being responsive and being contactable albeit only through emails, their telephone number goes straight to answerphone.

Bottom marks for them relying on just one browser for their download service to function.

Observation: No, I'm not happy with either of the names I chose for my Ubisoft and EA/Origin accounts and while I think of it, haven't been happy with the name 'floppybootstomp' for a long time now. Which is probably why, early on in this life, I decided against ever getting any tattoos.

The dialogue:

• tagomago Saturday at 16:51

I purchased Far Cry 4 Friday evening 23rd February and haven't been given a code for the game yet. As I understand it a code should appear on my 'Games purchased' page in my Green Man profile which I then enter in my Uplay Ubisoft account which then activates the game. Please issue a code or correct me if I'm going about this the wrong way. Or if there's some kind of problem with this game with Green Man Gaming please issue a refund. From: Tony Sullivan user name tagomago Ubisoft user name Slippery_Sid

• Tom Saturday at 17:05

• Hello tagomago,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

As noted on the product page for the game, Uplay games are now redeemed directly onto Uplay via Uplay Connect so you don't actually receive a key for your purchase. You should see a green button on the 'Your Purchases' page. If you're not seeing this, please try and access it in a different browser (such as Chrome) and make sure that popups and third party cookies are allowed (temporarily) as these can prevent the button from appearing. Alternatively, you should have success if you open up Crome in incognito mode as this means that there won't be any browser addons running which could be blocking it.

https://www.greenman****************************************

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Green Man Gaming
    Customer Service
  • tagomago Saturday at 17:37

• Hi Tom

Thanks for quick reply.

On my 'My Purchases' page Far Cry 4 is at the top of my list and on the right hand side there is a green oblong 'button' which has in its centre a constantly evolving pair of arrows. If I click on it nothing happens.

Far Cry 4 is not listed in my Uplay Ubisoft account. I'm using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 within Windows 10, I don't like the Chrome browser so won't install that but am willing to install Opera if you think that might help.

Tony
  • Tom Yesterday at 09:11

• Hello tagomago,

Our site is optimised for Chrome so it's best to try that, but you may have success in Opera or Firefox. Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with the key for the game so if you can't get it working I can refund your purchase.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Green Man Gaming
    Customer Service
  • tagomago Today at 10:26

• Hi Tom

In the end I installed the Chrome browser as I can always uninstall it.

It worked, I now have Far Cry 4 installed within my Uplay client.

I have to say though that I'm disappointed Green Man Gaming rely on the use of a single browser - a browser which I dislike - to be able to install some games.

And because of this your company has now lost a customer.

Regards

• PS: The reason I don't like the Chrome browser is not how good or bad it is but simply their aggressive marketing policy. I automatically kick against any software that constantly bickers at me to install their program and declares itself the best thing since sliced bread. I've lost count of the number of times that damn program has found its way onto my hard drive and I've had to uninstall it.

• It may well be a good browser but I don't like their attitude.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Coda

Matt (Green Man Gaming)

Feb 27, 12:19 GMT

Hello tagomago,

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. I will pass your feedback on to the relevant department.

Kind regards,
Matt

Green Man Gaming
Customer Service

Am I being unreasonable? Grumpy? Or is my stance justified?

I know I may miss out on some future bargains by boycotting but they gave me the right 'ump :mad:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
What a PITA! Making anything that is not widely compatible isn't good business practice. Optimising a service for a browser is one thing, but not functioning properly for other browsers is completely different, and totally avoidable. I think your grumpiness is justified ;)

Have you had a chance to play Far Cry 4 yet?

Oh and on the subject of names, I agree with David Mitchell that names are irrelevant:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
you have earned the right to be a grumpy old man, you collect a pension ... growing old is mandatory, growing up is, optional. :cool:

is that really your acc name :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have you had a chance to play Far Cry 4 yet?

I've played a fair bit of Far Cry 4 now and I have to say that in my opinion this is the best Far Cry since the first one. In fact it's the only one I've liked since the first one and I've tried all of them.

It really is quite enjoyable and I reckon the real test of a game is if you want to keep firing it up and playing a bit more - FC4 passes that test with ease.

And for £8.50 - a bit of a bargain. Recommended.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Bit of an update time 5 months down the line.

I've gone a bit retro and am currently playing, mostly:

1) Painkiller, the whole series, I only needed to buy one to get the whole set and it was reasonably priced. It's a mindless shoot 'em up with mild puzzle elements and is ideal in 30 minute bursts.

2) Re-playing Nier Automata after they released some DLC which I bought. It's been about an 8 month gap since I completed the game (on normal setting) and I must say it was a very pleasant surprise returning to it. I do like this game a lot in fact I'd say it's a contender for 'best game ever'. Not sure why, I just think it's the whole atmosphere. A player has to be at a certain level to access the DLC so I thought I may as well play through the whole game again.

And that's about it really, Humble Bundle are currently giving away Guns Of Icarus which I've downloaded to Steam, no idea what it's like and on GoG I've just bought 2 old games - Shivers, a Sierra point and click and B-17, Flying Fortress which I'd always wanted to try since it was first released in the late nineties. And at £1.09 and Win 10 compatible I thought I'd give it a try.

Haven't tried Shivers or B-17 yet.

Don't really fancy any current releases except maybe The Crew 2 for Xbox One which cost £50 on release but GAME are currently selling for £30.

Oh, and Dragon Age Inquisition have some DLC now, that's a game I enjoyed a lot, tempted by that, but at £25 that's more than I paid for the full game.

And mebbe No Mans Sky, dunno...

Ask a Question