The Microsoft Xbox One Thread!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Whilst browsing related news articles I picked up the fact that the Xbox One runs Windows 8. Double whammy! :lol:

They kept a bit quiet about that one eh?

CSB

Reaction score
Windows 8. I've never used it but what I have seen of it I don't really like. Mixing a Games/Entertainment console with Windows 8, is that really going to be a good thing?

If I ever did get a new console later this year, I'd probably go for the PS4. If I want to use a PC in a box, I'll use my home PC. However, the PS4 is merely a PC in a box too isn't it?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
From what I have been reading on other forums and FB it sounds like Billygate has really shot himself in the foot with this one, expect a massive backpedal as it all goes tits up! ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Teh windows 8 part will really only be used for running app's from what i've read, so it wont have much bearing on the console itself. At least that's how its looking at the mo.....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Was very tempted to give this a thread of its own....! :lol:

Microsoft Pulls a Fast One with E3 Xbox One Demos

With its focus on on-demand entertainment at the expense of gaming prowess, Xbox One didn't impress gamers at E3, who instead flocked to Amazon to pre-order their PlayStation 4, which not only features faster hardware, that could translate to better visuals in gaming, but is also a whole 20 percent cheaper ($499 vs. $399). At E3, Microsoft tried to pull a fast one. It set up several gaming stations allegedly powered by Xbox One, where gamers could play unreleased Xbox One games using the new Xbox One controller, just to get a feel of how rich and smooth the graphics really are. Some of them fell for it, others didn't. When these peeping toms didn't find the screens wired to an Xbox One main unit, they yanked open the cupboards below, only to find a full-fledged Windows 7 gaming PC.

How full-fledged you ask? Keen observers across the forumscape made out a rig powered by an Intel LGA2011 processor, which could at least be a Core i7-3820, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 700 series reference design graphics card, which could at least be a GeForce GTX 770. Such a system would obviously give you a rich and smooth gaming experience.

Microsoft Xbox One features a custom-designed application processor by AMD, which combines eight 64-bit x86 cores based on the "Jaguar" micro-architecture, with a GPU that packs 768 Graphics CoreNext stream processors, and a unified quad-channel DDR3-2133 memory interface, holding 8 GB of memory. This memory is cushioned by a large 32 MB SRAM cache on-die. In comparison, Sony's PlayStation 4 features a custom-designed application processor, too, which features the same CPU portion, but a bigger graphics core with 1,152 stream processors, and a 256-bit wide GDDR5 memory interface, holding 8 GB of RAM, which can be used as both main and graphics memory. On top of all that, the PlayStation 4 is $100 cheaper, at $399.
http://www.techpowerup.com/185721/microsoft-pulls-a-fast-one-with-e3-xbox-one-demos.html

So not running on Xbox One, not running on Win 8, Not running on AMD hardware (like the XBone will)

Tragic.

Also:

NdOXVzj.jpg

CSB

Reaction score
Cheeky buggers. I heard the PS4 will vary slightly in looks compared to the casing they showed at E3. I hope their demonstration was authentic. I would imagine so as the Japanese have a lot more respect for the gaming community than Microsoft it seems.

It was the Americans who claimed there were weapons of mass destruction, when none were found. Do Microsoft have a habit of lieing to their fans?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Was just about to post that, a welcome move. But lets face it, they had to do it, didn't they?!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
They have lost me as a potential , after this little masquerade, not clever and certainly not funny either :mad:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So news from Gamescom so far, FIFA 14 free with all XBox One pre orders.

Launch day titles...

Following its Gamescom showcase today, Microsoft revealed the full list of titles that will be available on Xbox One at launch.

• Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
  • Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
  • Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
  • Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
  • FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
  • Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
  • Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
  • Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
  • Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
  • Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
  • Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
  • NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
  • NBA Live 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
  • Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
  • Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
  • Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
  • Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
  • Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
  • Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
  • Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
  • Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)
An exact release date for Xbox One has yet to be announced, but Microsoft said at E3 that it will arrive in November. Last week, Microsoft also confirmed that Xbox One will only launch in 13 markets.
Be sure to check out our constantly-updated complete list of Xbox One games for a peek at the prospects of the Xbox One beyond the launch.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/20/gamescom-full-xbox-one-launch-lineup-revealed

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Microsoft has announced the Xbox One will be available on November 22 in 13 territories, including North America and the UK.
The full list of territories that will be getting the console on this date consists of Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, UK, and the USA.
In addition, Xbox marketing executive Yusuf Mehdi has confirmed that an additional number of Xbox One Day One Editions have been made available for pre-order, meaning if you're a European looking to score a free copy of FIFA 14 you still can.
Mehdi also reiterated what we heard yesterday; that the console’s CPU has been boosted from 1.6 GHz to 1.75 GHz.
Fun fact: this is the same day that the Xbox 360 launched in North America back in 2005.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/xbox-one-release-date-to-be-announced-today

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Microsoft emerges as a CPU force with Xbox One and Kinect

September 04, 2013, 12:52 PM — Microsoft is not the first name that comes to mind when you think of revolutionary chip design, but that perception is likely to change once the Xbox One and Kinect hit the market. The chip design in the game console and motion detection sensor are unlike anything on the market, at least at that price point.

This is one very interesting article indeed. :cool:

Now if it could be hacked to run a linux I might even buy one :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Microsoft’s (NASDAQ:MSFT) Xbox One had some bad publicity when it was first announced, and now a new theory on Reddit suggests the next-gen console could face some new PR challenges. According to the Reddit thread, game journalists are dropping plenty of hints that suggest the Xbox One may have a potential graphics resolution problem.

When Microsoft first announced the Xbox One, there were plenty of features, such as the always-on feature, that made fans unhappy, but the company quickly flip-flopped on them.

Now, Reddit user C-Ron has a thread that's seeing plenty of activity after he claimed Microsoft is trying to delay some potentially damaging news that the Xbox One may not stack up to expectations. According to C-Ron, “From what I've read on Twitter, NeoGAF and other sources, basically, the console's ESRAM is this generation's Cell CPU. It makes games harder to develop for, which is resulting in a lot of multiplatform games being in lower resolutions, slower frame rates, and lower textures.”

Before getting into C-Ron’s claims, the main rumor that ignited this talk was the suggestion that the highly anticipated “Call of Duty: Ghosts” video game will run at 1080p resolution for Sony's (NYSE: SNE) PlayStation 4, or PS4, but Xbox One’s “COD: Ghosts” will run at 720p. That rumor started on the NeoGAF forum, and Kotaku picked it up but was waiting for official word from Activision prior to running a complete article.
http://www.ibtimes.com/xbox-one-tro...hosts-running-720p-compared-1080p-ps4-1442726

I cancelled my preorder some time ago, starting to think it was a good idea, theres been way too much bad press about XB1 at the mo!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So the rumours were true.....

Call of Duty: Ghosts' on Xbox One will only run at 720p resolution, PS4 will run at 1080p

We're just a few weeks away from the launch of the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4, and with those new consoles will come some big launches like Call of Duty: Ghosts — but we're just learning that buyers of Microsoft and Sony's new hardware won't have the same experience with that game. Mark Rubin, executive producer at CoD developer Infinity Ward, just tweeted the disappointing news that only the PS4 version of CoD: Ghosts will run in 1080p. Xbox One buyers will have to be content with upscaled 720p, a decision the developer made to ensure that both games would run at 60 FPS. It's a surprising admission from Infinity Ward, and a bit unusual not to see a high-profile game like this not take advantage of the Xbox One's full capabilities.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/30/5047710/call-of-duty-ghosts-on-xbox-one-will-only-run-at-720p

I cancelled my preorder some time ago, starting to think it was a good idea, theres been way too much bad press about XB1 at the mo!
So glad i did this now, The money for a XB1 will be better saved and spent elsewhere me thinks.....

Ask a Question