Bethesda Releases System Requirements For Wolfenstein: The New Order

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Zema posted this elsewhere so I cut and pasted ;)

"It’s not too much longer you have to wait to play Wolfenstein: The New Order. Does your PC have what it takes to keep up BJ Blazkowicz? The system requirements are based on the game being a next-gen experience running at 60fps. These are the system requirements to deliver the PC game as it was intended to be experienced.

PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8
Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD
4 GB System RAM
50 GB free HDD space
GeForce 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850
High Speed Internet Connection
Steam account and activation required

If your PC matches these requirements, then you’re good to go! And don’t forget, Wolfenstein: The New Order is now available for pre-order on Steam.

Not playing on PC? Here’s some information to prepare for the game’s console launch on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360…

PlayStation 4

Hard Drive Requirements: ~47 GB total install
Voice Commands optional

Xbox One

Hard Drive requirements: ~47 GB total install
Kinect support for Voice Commands (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish only)

Xbox 360

Hard Drive requirements: 8 GB minimum
Game includes 4 discs, including the first disc that is a mandatory installation disc.

PlayStation 3

Hard Drive requirements for disc play: 8 GB HDD space
Hard Drive requirements for PSN download: 17 GB HDD space"

From the Bethesda blog.

I think I may actually pay full whack for this one, it looks good. And I should point out paying full price for a new release is a rare occurrence for me.

Oh, lucky for me my main gaming machine exceeds minimum requirements :) Yowsah!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I won't be playing this one as my PC doesn't have the grunt to play it but will eagerly await your review Mr Flopp's :)

CSB

Reaction score
The video only shows live actors. No in-game gamelplay. I suppose there is some to watch on Youtube which I havn't even searched for yet. I never really liked the previous games but you never know. I'm interested in finding out more once it's released.

If I got it, it would most likely be for the PC.

Thanks for the post Flops

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Looking gooooooooooood. I'll have to wait as always for the price to come down. Even with my proposed cpu upgrade I'm not sure if my rig will play it at a decent level.Guess I'll have to think about upgrading then. :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Was driving me nuts trying to figure out what that tune is then... got it! It's The House Of The Rising Sun.

Looks to be a bit gritty don't it.

It's released Tuesday so I'd guess best time to reap benefits of pre order would be to pay Sunday or Monday.

Or wait til October and get it for £20 ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It looks alright, if it had a MP I'd probs grab it......

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just noticed the song title is actually written on the top of your Youtube link... doh :lol:

I'm definitely going to get this one, no MP doesn't bother me, but not sure if I'll pre-pay, bonus is two TF2 items and I haven't played TF2 online in years. So may wait for a few reviews first.

Only game thus far I've ever pre-paid for was Skyrim, another Bethesda game.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Wolfenstein The New Order is £17.49 on Steam for this weekend.

If you like first person shooters - buy it! Best game I've played for at least three years, I really enjoyed this one.

It's basically old school, goodies and baddies, and lots of fun. Plus it's got naughty swear words and rather rood male/female interaction :eek:

There are 5 difficulty levels and you can change difficulty level any time you like. I played through mostly on level 3 of five and only once had to drop to wuss level to get past one part of the game.

I got 19 hours out of it single player (there is no multiplayer). I also paid £20.20 for my copy from Amazon but Steam's £17.49 is a very good price and you can play it straight away after the download rather than having to wait for the DVD to drop through your letterbox.

Ask a Question