Repost. Internet problem

Roger

Hello. I hope someone can help me with this. When I go on
line with my ISP which is Access4less, I can download mail
from free Juno account but if I
try to go to a web page with Internet Explorer or Netscape
it will not go to a site. I have noticed at the bottom of
the page in the status bar that it says "Download from
site: res://C:\windows\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm".
Sometimes I also get a message that says "Internet
Explorer could not open the search page.

If anyone could please help me out with this problem I
would thank you.

Thanks,
Roger
..

Jim Macklin

DNS error means that the Access4Less server can't find the
addressbook for the Internet. You get what you pay for.
Call your ISP or change ISPs.

| Hello. I hope someone can help me with this. When I go on
| line with my ISP which is Access4less, I can download mail
| from free Juno account but if I
| try to go to a web page with Internet Explorer or Netscape
| it will not go to a site. I have noticed at the bottom of
| the page in the status bar that it says "Download from
| site: res://C:\windows\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm".
| Sometimes I also get a message that says "Internet
| Explorer could not open the search page.
|
| If anyone could please help me out with this problem I
| would thank you.
|
| Thanks,
| Roger
| .

My friend uses AOL on this same computer and aol does the
same thing when you use Iexplorer or netscape. Have used
Access4less for over a year now and for the money it works
better then any other ISP I have used. Have liked it
better then any of the more costly ISPs I have had.

julppi

Friday January 16 2004 08:39, Jim Macklin wrote to All:

JM> From: p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm

JM> DNS error means that the Access4Less server can't find the
JM> addressbook for the Internet.

What on earth is that???

KS

KARICO Business Services
Toronto, ON Canada
http://www.karico.ca

Get The Pocket Pro now!: http://www.pocketproshop.com

Jim Macklin

An attempt to explain a complicated subject. To be more
correct, I could have said that IP addresses such as
100.99.255.01 are converted to domain names and URLs and
these are kept in DNS servers. DNS is sort of the
addressbook or phone directory for Internet access. If you
know the IP you can connect, but if the DNS server is down,
you can't.

in message |