Problems with game crashing

Reaction score
Hi, im new here, so hello to all!
wink.gif

First thing first, I've just bought a new pc, 2.66ghz dual core cpu (e6750), 2gb ram (1066mhz, 5-5-5-12 timings), a gigabyte s-series mobo, and a 7600gt gfx card(borrowed till xmas when i have money)

I formatted the new hdd, and installed xp, which went fine. Then I installed the gfx drivers, and installed halo. The game had artifacts on, due to my freinds clock being to high on the gfx card, which we sorted out. I then later installed all other drivers and installed all my programs.
Yet when I try to load halo now, the loading screen comes on, then the game will minimize, and I can still hear the music playing, but can see the desktop. Strangely, I installed halo custom edition (same game, but allows custom maps to be played) and this runs fine, and wont crash or anything.

Also, I started playing STALKER after halo died, which ran fine, untill about 3 hours into the game. I get to the same area, run around for about 2 minutes, and the game will close without any messages or anything. It seems to be at random points in this area too. I was going to get the latest patch, but this means my savegames wont work, so I could end up playing back up to the same point that I was at, and have the same problem.

Any help for either game would be appreciated, as im sure the problems are related somewhere.

A side note, is that the components arn't overheating, as Ive ran software to monitor temperature levels, all which we're normal. Also I've managed to play bioshock, and moh:airborne on full spec, without either game crashing...

Thanks again.

Ask a Question