Please help me choose a new graphics card :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello i already have a topic open about my new pc build but i wanted to make a new one about which graphics card i could get at a decent price

so i have around £80-100 to spend on this card im currently running an nvidia 9600 GT OC 512 mb card which is obviously outdated im looking to stay with nvidia but if there is a better ati around than the best nvidia i can get for the price i can live with that

im looking to be able to play batman arkham asylum - call of duty MW 2 - world of warcraft - GTA 4 and many other games

Thanks in advance

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Me I would go for a ATI 4870 it is a bit better than a 4850 and not quite as good as a 4890 which is out of your price range.
Ain't got a clue about Nvidia cards.

Best bet is to spend some time reading up on reviews as they generally compare several different cards.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?nov-4870

happywave.gif

Reaction score
thanks someone else on another website recommended the 4870 so ill probly go with that one :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The first one. Nvidia. Sorry to say this, but Nvidia rule the roost atm. I'd really like ATI to be leading, have championed them in the past.

But the truth is - Nvidia are trying really hard, investing - and winning.

Reaction score
hey again guys u must be getting sick of me lol

just one last question before i order my new card

this is the info for the 5770

Maximum power 108 Watts

Stream processing units 800

Memory TypeGDDR5

Memory Bandwidth (max)76.8GB/sec

Slot Dual

Engine Clock1.36MHz

Compute Power 850 teraFLOPS

Memory Data Rate 4.8Gbps

and this is the 4870

Maximum power 160 Watts

Stream processing units 800

Memory Type GDDR5

Memory Bandwidth (max)115GB/sec

SlotDualMemory 1GB

Engine Clock 750MHz

Which would be stronger for fps and overall performance ?

Reaction score
hey guys pc is all bought and built and runs like a beast :) thanks to everyone for the advice given basicly just requesting a lock now :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If you mean would we lock your threads then it's forum policy not to lock threads unless it starts to get trolled, which is unlikely in your case.

Glad your machine is up and running well, good stuff :thumb:

Reaction score
ah ok then :p fair enough ;) forgot that maybe someone might wana look up more info ect

Reaction score
Nvidia graphics card are best in quality and it is affordable also.So you can prefer it.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
KevinMartin said:
Nvidia graphics card are best in quality and it is affordable also.So you can prefer it.

Thank you for that little nugget of wisdom and welcome to the site :)

Your statement, unfortunately, may be flawed as the current ATI 5 series of cards are giving Nvidia a serious run for king of the hill.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have the strangest feeling I'm possibly being manipulated here but no harm in locking this thread as it seems to have attracted it's first less-than-gifted poster :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question