PC Wont Boot (XP)

Reaction score
ok, a quick update....

have now got a linux disk

put the disk in and it now shows the linux screen saying hit return key to start Linux from DVD
If you do not want to boot from DVD please remove this dvd from the drive now and restart your computer

so.. i hit return and wait.... nothing..... it starts to do something then just goes back to the main screen again

its says Knoppix v4.0.1-dvd

then says its loading linux then goes back to the beginning again.... hmmmmm

any more suggesitions would be great....... im seriously getting very worried now as i really need to be able to access some files and if i loose them, ok, it wouldnt be the end of the world but it would be a great big chunk of my time taken up in re-writing them... HELLLLLPPPPPP ..... thanks guys

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
oops, not looking good. :(

All I can suggest is you take the HD out, put it in another PC as a slave drive, and copy your data over.

:user:

Reaction score
Cloverleaf said:
god i love you guys.....

i must start by saying this is the only forum where ive actually had some help with this so many many thanks ....

right

i now have a problemo.... no disks... hmmmm.... well there are some somewhere but i'll be damned if i can find them, so... ive found the Acer Aspire Recovery disk which says:

welcome to the acer aspire software recovery procedure this procedure allows you to restore your computer software according to its original content
warning, this procedure restores all you acer computer software all data on your hard disk drive will be permanently lost NOOOOO cant be doing that do i

so im stuffed then till i find the long lost disks, got dvd and cdr disks....??? am tres confused..... might just go make a coffee with something stronger added to it, afterall, it IS friday night .....HELP

You just use magiciso to burn iso file to cd for making windows xp cd.
http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-burnwin.htm

Ask a Question