Cannot boot PC

Reaction score
Hi guys got a problem, I did a clean and dusting of the wife's PC yesterday and went to boot up when this happened. The Foxcon splashed screen came up the after a short while a message came up telling me that I needed to put a boot disc in which I did, it then informed me that it was unabled to boot. I went into the BIOS and checked the settings and checked that it could see the hard drive, it could. I also checked the boot order CD/DVD drive 1st second C drive both correct any suggestions as to what should be my next move should be as I am schomered.:cry: the PC is home build, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel Core E6600, Motherboard Foxcon 945P7AD 945G7AD, 4gig RAM

HELP the wife is after my blood !!!!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Just had that same type of message on me sisters pc. turned out to be a dying coms battery.
:)

Reaction score
I checked all the connections, I do not get the message to press any key to boot from CD, and have checked the BIOS, next thing will be to change the coms battery, but thanks for the help everyone.

Reaction score
I think you should try this...
Disconnect all connections from your computer and reconnect. If you have SATA connections on your Hard Disk, then try to change the connectors on the motherboard, do likewise if your HDD is using IDE connection (When using IDE connection, make sure that you do not connect the Hard Disk and the CD drive on the same IDE cable, connect them to separate cables and that means separate ports on the motherboard. Again, you might also need to swap the RAM positions. If you have more that one RAM chip on your computer, then remove the rest and use only one, and try to change its positions. With experience I have also come to realize that RAM can also cause systems to hang in this manner if they are damaged or has some dust particles. Make sure you do this with no CD in the CD drive....

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice clydeartwork, I am having another go at it this evening as I have a got a new mobo battery and have a friend coming round this evening to give me a hand. I will let you know how I get on tomorrow:thumb:

Reaction score
so your still alive & the wife has not killed you yet?:eek:
unless she has hijacked your account & your on the floor with a 12" knife in your back!:p

Reaction score
:lol: It was something like that feckit:wall: Paul arrived last night and we gave dinner then we set about firing up she who MUST be obeyed PC and blow it fired up with no hitch at all perfectly. What a prat I felt:blush:. So all is well in thew house now :cry: and no one believes me that it wouldn't boot.:eek:

Last edited:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
and no one believes me that it wouldn't boot.:eek:

I am the sort of person that refuses to ask for help until the last resort. Had a laptop that wouldn't boot, it showed its little HDD light flashing but that was it. I tried everything that was suggested on the net for nearly 2 weeks running. My brother came round and asked if I had sorted the laptop out and I said no and it was skip bound. He offered to look at it. Pressed the power button and it fired up like nothing had ever happened. Just one of those things I suppose :lol:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
It is embarrassing though isent it Evan:blush:

Yes almost as embarrassing as calling the AA to come give you a jump and calling them 5 times with lots of swearing cause the driver is taking to long, only for him to arrive, turn the key and your car starts :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Ask a Question