How do you get rid of Windows 8.1

Reaction score
:eek::confused:I decided to install a Linux system called Makulu 9 64 bit so I removed the C drive which contained Windows 8.1 and installed a clean hard drive as I wanted to keep windows and not do a dual boot. Anyway fitted the new drive re booted and low and behold the PC tried to boot into Windows 8. WHAT on earth has happened here Is Microsoft trying to stop users going to other operating systems, how come there is some residual of W 8.1 still on the PC?????:cry::cry::cry: HELP:wall:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Makulu now? I wonder just what it is you have against Mint, lol

Believe me, Mint is easy, you should try it.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Makulu now? I wonder just what it is you have against Mint, lol

Believe me, Mint is easy, you should try it.

Mint schmint nowt wrong with it apart from being a buntu clone. Makulu Mate matey is a chip of the old Debian block. :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, tis true, but Mint comes minus the Ubuntu politics. And 'sides, our erstwhile Linux user here seeks ease of use and if I can use Mint competently then anybody can :D

My flavour is Ubuntu based Cinammon 64 Bit btw and I believe the version I'm using is V17.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Aye, tis true, but Mint comes minus the Ubuntu politics. And 'sides, our erstwhile Linux user here seeks ease of use and if I can use Mint competently then anybody can :D

My flavour is Ubuntu based Cinammon 64 Bit btw and I believe the version I'm using is V17.

Cinnamon is pretty as the art fans have taken it to heart and there are some super themes and icon sets available. The Faenza icons get top billing.

http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/collections/339822783?view_mode=2

http://cinnamon-shell.deviantart.com/gallery/37264775/Icons

:cool:

Ask a Question