bootneck has cocked up

Reaction score
:cry:Hi people I have been given a lot of grief by "her indoors" as I have cocked up her PC and have been made to stand in the corner all morning with a dunces hat on:(. I updated her drivers and after a reboot the confounded thing would only show the MOBO splash screen, I have tried the boot disc, the Windows install disc, and nothing works and can only get as far as the splash screen but the hard drive light stays constantly on as if it is working at full tilt . So I have decided to full reformat the C drive using my PC's external caddy. As this is happening I am giving the insides a good spring clean (I know this will have no effect on the boot situation) but I was wandering if any of you could give me any suggestions on resolving the the boot problem. I did check her drive to see if the files and OS were on the drive but not being technical wouldn't know if there were any corrupt files in the OS stopping it from booting. Any help will be gratefully received. P.S. Have now just replaced the MOBO battery and she is running Windows 7 with 4 gig RAM and CPU is a Intel Duo E6600 and the Mother Board is a Foxcon 945G7AD.

Reaction score
No sorry Floppy wont get that far, it only gets as far as the Foxcon splash screen, cannot even get into the BIOS.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If you disconnect all components from the motherboard can you then get into the BIOS?

Reaction score
you have cocked up royal!:eek:
what fbs start with just motherboard connected and work from their.
then try ram/hdd etc and see how far you get etc?

good luck!:thumb:

Reaction score
:DIt is ok floppy and feckit I have replaced the MOBO battery and reinstalled W7 now and downloaded from a external backup all her files and I am a good boy now and she might cook me my dinner now. Thanks for the advice but fingers crossed all is forgiven now. That is a lesson learned go for the simple things first.:lol::thumb::cheers:at least it has given me a chance to give the thing a good dung out and blow out the cobwebs. Once thanks for the support guy':thumb::thumb::thumb:s.

Last edited:

Ask a Question