Problems booting up

Reaction score
Hi gang, I am unabled to bootupEther from a DVD or hard drive, I have checked the BIOS and all is correct with first boot DVD drive

What is shown on the screen is :- Verifying DMI Pool Data...............

BOORMGR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+ Del to restart

The mother board is a Foxcon not sure of the model

Need urgent help as her indoors is going mad:(:(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Why are you wanting to boot to DVD first ?

Enable "Reset Configuration Data" ... maybe "Force Update ESCD" in some CMOS/BIOS Setups ... in the motherboard CMOS/BIOS Setup PNP/PCI configuration. Rebooting will automatically disabled it after it has done its thing.

Disconnect all drives not required to boot the computer. If this fixes it, reconnect one at time.

Is this you still trying to fix the "nasties" problem ?

:user:

Reaction score
Sorry I have not explained well enough Mr Mucks. On boot the PC was hanging on the motherboard splash screen for a couple minits before going going throuhg the boot up secquence, As I had a proplem with a search engine called inbox.com which ahd introuduced a trogen and hundreds of spyware and after cleaning it out with Mailwarebytes and Superantiware it started to hang on the motherboard splash screen. My thought was that the nasties had damaged the OS so carried out a re install of the os but the proplem got worse and noe the motherboard does not recognise anything or boot into the OS

muckshifter

Reaction score
If the system is hanging before even reaching the windows splash screen, then you have a potential hardware problem.

Disconnect all, and I mean ALL, drives ... easiest way is to pull the power cable from each one, that way you should not get the ribbon/sata cables muddled up.

Cold Reboot. That is, turn off the PC completely, wait a min, then turn on.

I want to "see" the system fail because it cannot see the HD or OS. Any other error will need further clarification.

Please write down exactly what the errors say.

:user:

Reaction score
Removed all drives sata cables and rebooted from coldand here is the report:- Verifying DMI Data.................. Intel UNDI, PXE-2,1 (build) Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation For Realtek RT8111B/8168b Gigabit Ethernet Controler v2.03 (060516) PXE-E61: Media testfailure, check cable PXE-MOF: ExitingPXE ROM DISC BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISC AND PRESS ENTER I am gussing that it is a duff hard drive?

muckshifter

Reaction score
That's OK, is what you should see if there is no HD present, or a faulty drive / cable.

Power off again and put the power cable back on to the DVD drive only, then boot up.

You should have the same message ... now, power off once more and reconnect the main HD only. So we have just the DVD & main drive with the OS

you want my phone number ? :)

Ask a Question