What a cock up

Reaction score
Well as some of you knew I bought a new PC, well it was a bundle PC case Motherboard, CPU, RAM power supply I had to do was install hard drive CD/DVD, Blue ray player and Windows 8.1 and sound card. Well all and good worked great, I was not sure I liked the on board sound card as I have a 2.1 sound system but only the two speakers worked but not the base and did not feel right a little sounded a bit tinny without the base. So off to Maplins and get a Creative Sound Blaster £24 great buy. Rush home and install it boot up the PC, there was a strange little pop sound and then nothing. The fans and lights came on for a fraction of a second and nothing. Take off the side panel and inspected the guts and guess what I had done I had in my haste installed the in the PCI slot and not in the correct one and blown the board:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:BOTHER or rather words to that effect:wall::wall::wall:.

Well I have a rather good looking PC case and a nice 750 watt power supply and after drying my eyes went down to Maplins again and purchased their Aftershock bundle comprising of AMD quad core A10-7700K Black edition APU,Asus A88XM-Plus Motherboard, and 2XCorsair 4GB DDR3 VengeancePro, Memory RAM I have added another 8 gig so now I think I have a rather nice entry level games machine and thanks to members feckit, Abarbarian, floppybootstomp and muckshifter for their help and advice in this adventure. There is a moral to all of this DON'T rush and think you know what you are doing as this leads to overconfidence and you cock up expensively TAKE YOUR TIME and double check everything.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

:D

Sorry, BN. Couldn't resist.

Attachments

• Computer.JPG
    Computer.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 518

Ask a Question