Windows 8 Oh boy have I got troubles

Reaction score
:cry:Downloaded and Installed Windows 8.1 and also downloaded IObit's start button got it all and running oh great went to bed and forgot about it. Following morning got up booted up put in my password (three times), I forgot I had changed it to a new one. Anyway I followed the screen instructions and contacted account.live.com via the wifes PC told them what the problem was, I was told to fill in a form which I did and was informed that they would be back in touch within 24 hours that was 2 days ago and still awaiting a email from them:confused::mad::wall:
I then decided to dual boot with Zorin and what do I find that my internet connection has been cut via the block with Microsoft.:cry::cry::cry:So no use downloading Zorin at the moment. I admit my stupidity in forgetting that I had forgotten my password but is this security gone mad and over the top, and also account.live.com been negligent in not replying to my request after their help desk told me that I would get a email within 24 hrs:wall::wall::wall::wall:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Would it be too much bother to do a reinstall?

And, er, I know I've said it before but, ever considered trying Linux Mint? It may configure dual boot better than this Zorin thing.

I don't know cos I've never tried but it surely can't be worse than Zorin, as I recall you've had nothing but trouble trying to dual boot Zorin & Windows.

Just a thought ;)

I'm also a little confused as to how your internet has been blocked, your ISP is totally independent of Microsoft, that doesn't make sense. And if your internet is blocked how did you post the above post?

Also wondering why you had to download Windows 8.1, I thought it came with your new PC?

Reaction score
Right, Mr Flops unfortunately I have tried that but Microsoft seem to have cut my your internet connection as when I tried to download Zorin 9 the Zorin download splash screen showed that there was no internet connection. So I did not do that.:)Thanks VR that is a very helpful article, so when I am able to do get into W8.1 I will do that.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Right, Mr Flops unfortunately I have tried that but Microsoft seem to have cut my your internet connection as when I tried to download Zorin 9 the Zorin download splash screen showed that there was no internet connection. So I did not do that.:)Thanks VR that is a very helpful article, so when I am able to do get into W8.1 I will do that.
MS has NOTHING to do with your internet/ISP.... :confused:

Reaction score
:thumb::lol::bow::cheers:Back on line now, just about to download Zorin9 and will now use that as my main operating system as from now:cheers::cheers::cheers::bow::bow: :DWHOOPEE:dance::dance::dance::dance:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
bootneck ... take up tiddlywinks, at worst it'll only take an eye out. :)

Reaction score
Well Mr Flops and VR you weren't the only ones that gave up and I must admit I nearly did

Reaction score
:DEverything running great until today BUT it is not the PC now it is the internet very very slow. I have got wireless connection from Vfast Internet and engineer will come out tomorrow they think with the heavy rain we have been having water has got into the receiver on the roof:cry:

Ask a Question