Cyborg Gaming RAT5 double-click failure once again

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Title says it all ... :(

Once again my "Gaming RAT" has developed the dreaded double-click left button syndrome ... this model was purchased from PC World and the first one was, no-quibble, replaced by PCW.

Thanks PC World, however, I don't think, and I'm about to find out, that a second replacement will be forth coming.

I have a brand new Logitech G500 that I tried once, may as well have used a wet bar of soap for all the good that was ... my hands don't work like they used to any more. :cry:

Will have a look at the offerings at PCW when I get there, will probably need to buy a new mouse ... the RAT3 looks good. :)

edit ... found this

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That's very disappointing to hear Mucks. Worth giving PCW a try first, after all, the product they've supplied to you, evidently has developed a fault within a relatively short time. (It would still be under guarantee, had you purchased it, correct..?) So surely not a problem for them to return it to Cyborg for analysis - after furnishing you with a properly working replacement.

If PCW is unhelpful, your linky certainly looks as if it would be worth trying. Which ever way one looks at it, to hear that an expensive product is likely to replicate the same failure, each time, is not very encouraging for other prospective purchasers.

Good luck Mucks. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've always said RAT mice are crap.

Razer, Steelseries, Zowie or Roccat are the way to go, and i hear good things about the new Corsair mice. :)

CSB

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Mucks. Can say I've ever bought any more than your standard type mouse before as I find it hard to justify their price tags. Hope it all gets sorted for you soon and Yes, deffinitely worth trying them again as you may get through to someone who cares and would like to do the right thing for you.

It's like where I work, if you had come through to me, I'd do the right thing, although others may not and be a grumpy miserable so and so just to be cruel. That's the world we live in and can sometimes be a pick of the draw. Might have been a faulty batch which is still their responsability, although I'm unsure when you bought it?

Take care

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well, I'll go to the top of our stairs ... :)

PRWorld replaced the mouse no quibble.

I did expect some sort of refusal to replace the mouse for a third time, quoting maybe I should contact Cyborg for repair/replacement, but, they did not.

:dance:

VR

Razer

Well, there are different switches (Omron vs Huano for instance) but the only mouse brand where I've seen the double-click malfunction become an issue repeatedly across several models is with Razer. It's the number one defect that I see reported for those mice.

Steelseries

I won't bother with any others ... no meeses or rats are immune to the phenomenon

In my personal experience, with brands that I have owned ... Logitech comes top of the problem heap, not just double-clicking, the Cyborg RAT comes second. :)

The fact I have a replacement, and I really do like the mouse grip, it helps tremendously with my hands problem, is fine by me ... would I actually go buy another RAT? maybe not.

At least I didn't have to fart around with changing the software & resetting all the buttons. :D

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ree-ee-zultt..! :thumb: Nice one Mucks, glad to hear it was sorted so quickly.

(Does anyone else think that PCW is becoming a lot more helpful/obliging these days?)

CSB

Reaction score
Oh yeah, oh yeah .......... Ohhhhh Yeah babyyyyyyyy. Good old PCW.:thumb:

I hope this one gives you a good whilse before you need to buy another Mucks. PCW has gone up in the Customer Service rankings in my eyes, however, I realise there must be times when they really do have to say No, but this is a great result.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
VR

Razer

Steelseries

I won't bother with any others ... no meeses or rats are immune to the phenomenon

In my personal experience, with brands that I have owned ... Logitech comes top of the problem heap, not just double-clicking, the Cyborg RAT comes second. :)

The fact I have a replacement, and I really do like the mouse grip, it helps tremendously with my hands problem, is fine by me ... would I actually go buy another RAT? maybe not.

At least I didn't have to fart around with changing the software & resetting all the buttons. :D

:user:

I didn't say they were immune, but in general I've seen more complains about the RAT series than any other, and lets face it, they are fugly, only their mother could love them.

That Razer link is all about that abomination that is the Naga. ;)

Also. 'About 4,420,000 results'

You know what I'm trying to say. :D

Ree-ee-zultt..! :thumb: Nice one Mucks, glad to hear it was sorted so quickly.

(Does anyone else think that PCW is becoming a lot more helpful/obliging these days?)
Have to admit, they do seem to gotten better, but I'm not sure they could have got any worse! Do they still have those 'Tech Guy' idiots?

Ask a Question