PC Game of the year - Gamespot's choice

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Here we are:

8715d1387491802-pc-game-year-gamespots-choice-

Of those I played Bioshock Infinite which I thought was pretty good; Tomb Raider, which I thought was great (notwithstanding early-in-game Quicktime shenanigans) and Metro Last Light which also was pretty good, though I wouldn't rate it as a 9 meself, more like a 7.5. I've also bought Gone Home in the Steam sale but haven't started it yet.

For PC, no mention of either CoD: Ghosts or Battlefield 4 - they getting long in the tooth?

Overall game of the year, according to gaming site Gamespot, was The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for the 3DS.

Attachments

• goty.JPG
    goty.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 599

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Never rated Gamespot myself.....

But for me it would have to be Tomb Raider or Bio Shock Infinite. (Though i haven't actually finnished BI yet...!)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Gamespot had for years been my favourite Gamer's site, I pretty much agreed with the majority of their reviews but then earlier this year they changed the layout, revamped the site for the worse imo and also added a load of that crap advertising, you know - 'The 10 most horrific deaths ever to occur on the A406 at Neasden' that kinda thing. Silly lists that are just an excuse to spam your eyeballs.

The very last part of BI is incredibly difficult (imo) and eventually I gave up. If I hadn't have given up I would have hit somebody or something or had a nervous breakdown. Or both.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Loved every moment of bioshock infinite, you have to complete it for the story, its like playing a brilliant film. Cant say i struggled on the last part. Metro last light was good aswell, but too samey as 2033. Consoles had better games this year, super mario 3d land, the last of us, grand theft auto 5.

Ask a Question