Remastered BioShock: The Collection Coming to PC on September 13, 2016

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Seeing Beckys Bioshock thread reminded me of something.....

Three BioShock games. All of the single-player DLC. Remastered for modern machines. One value packed bundle.

It’s been nine years since Irrational Games and 2K took you on a terrifying journey to the depths of the underwater city of Rapture with BioShock. Five years since you returned to Rapture inBioShock 2. Three years since you grabbed a skyhook and sailed across the floating city of Columbia in BioShock Infinite. And on September 13, 2016 (September 15 in Australia and September 16 internationally), you can relive these award-winning adventures or experience them for the very first time remastered for current-gen consoles and digital PC with BioShock: The Collection.

Working with Blind Squirrel Games, we’ve remastered BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite making them look better than ever*. BioShock: The Collection brings the three titles together for the first time, complete with all single-player DLC** and a never-before-seen video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” which includes insights from Ken Levine – over $100 of content – for only $59.99. It’s a circus of values! And if you already own BioShock,BioShock 2, and/or Minerva’s Den on Steam, you will be able to upgrade to the remastered version of the respective title(s) for free after release. It’s a circus of values!

If you’ve never experienced the series before, now is the time to play it and see for yourself why the award-winning BioShock franchise has topped countless “Best-Of” lists and garnered more than 125 awards including two BAFTA honors, as well as many Best of E3, Best of Gamescom, and Game of the Year accolades from respected outlets such as IGN, GameSpot, Game Informer, and many more. The weapons, plasmids, levels, and character models that shocked you years ago have been reskinned and retextured to look better than ever. On top of that, all single-player DLC created for all three games comes loaded in one package. The bundled content for BioShock: The Collection includes:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/7670/announcements/detail/599358989869729600

:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Me too, have been thinking about playing all three of them again anyway.

But, but..... The game vendors have stated they're not being remastered for PC.

Colour me confused :confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
But, but..... The game vendors have stated they're not being remastered for PC.

Bioshock 1 and 2 are being remastered and released as free updates, but Bioshock Infinite is staying as is (as it's already good looking). :)

Hang fire for another few weeks and we should be able to download them.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Welp, September 13th came and went without anything happening except the release date now being quoted as September 15th. Which is today and........... bugger-all happening.

Somebody posted on Steam an hour ago saying 'six hours to go' but if I'm not mistaken Sept 15th started 17 hours ago in the UK and it's certainly started in all other time zones.

Not impressed so far but still hanging on there with baited breath.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'd forgotten about this, just checked my Steam:

Clipboard01.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone given them a whirl yet? I've got them downloaded, but haven't had a chance to give them a go. I've noticed that Steam have released several patches for them already, so perhaps holding off wasn't a bad thing.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've played a fair bit of Bioshock One remastered, seems a lot harder than what I remember, I finished the game when it was first released.

Maybe it's senility kicking in :D

I've encountered my first battle with a Big daddy and keep getting killed, it seems impossible. But I've read a few guides so will try some tips. I managed it the first time around so....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Haha, perhaps the HD textures are throwing you off :lol:.

I seem to remember that some parts were quite challenging (especially when using up ammo too soon) - that's what I like about it :D.

Core

noot, noot
Reaction score
Gorgeous game but I've never finished it, and a couple of hours into the remastered version I was bored with it already. I really like the ambience and the voice acting is superb, but something about the fighting in that game has never appealed to me... I feel like there should be more variety in the enemy character models or something, feels like I am fighting the same few guys over and over. Guess I am more of an RPG guy, as I do love listening to those audio diaries, very immersive stuff...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Gorgeous game but I've never finished it, and a couple of hours into the remastered version I was bored with it already. I really like the ambience and the voice acting is superb, but something about the fighting in that game has never appealed to me... I feel like there should be more variety in the enemy character models or something, feels like I am fighting the same few guys over and over. Guess I am more of an RPG guy, as I do love listening to those audio diaries, very immersive stuff...

I used to like setting elaborate traps for the larger enemies - particularly as I kept running out of ammo! I know what you mean about the generic guys that appear most places though.

I'm pretty sure I spent most of the game herding those flying turrets :D.

Ask a Question